.....The morning after......... | The Boneyard

.....The morning after.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Poseidon Adventure......no....lol

The PC game......may be worst!!

I don't know about any of you but I felt it coming, maybe not when it happened exactly but all game there was this sense this team just doesn'tknow what to do with a lead, how to extend and step on it, rather throw it away - literally. They fell in love with the alley oop in the first half, almost as if to toy and flaunt it to PC rather than shove it down their throats and just play baskeball while they had them on their heels. Instead of real basketball fastbreaks they suddenly had to make everything an alley oop, to Roscoe (he was fouled but it was a bad play) another to someone else which was intercepted. I love the alley oop with Andre, it's a definite weapon when he sneaks behind the defense, but the play is a lot of crap if it's overused for show, and it gets that way with these guys. Just play basketball!!

The "run" as we call it was pure craziness. For those who posted anything blaming any individual you did not watch the sequence very close. The Giffey haters leaned that way, the Tyler haters leaned a little that way, the Blaney people etc etc.......this was a total breakdown of a team, a coaching staff, a year!! As per usual they don't take care of the ball when they have a lead and it became more evident with everyone. The defense was awful, and it usually isn't too good but at this point it made its way to disgusting. The usual suspects not knowing when and how to hedge and help created many open looks, lack of communication on D is a major bust for this team. The bigs always either don't help through screeens or stay on the hedge long enough that when they leave our guards aren't back yet worrying about the bigs rolling. I believe most of our defensive lapses, minus the 3 point line, all year stem from shi**y big men and understanding h0w to play D. You can say Bazz this, Giffey this, Boat that but they get zero help and it never got better. The rebounding was horrendous, our guys were beaten to every carom and were not ready to tough it out when they had to. Guys who everyone calls out to play were torched by their men on KEY rebounds on the defensive end. George, stood with his arms crossed an ocassional finger to the chin thinking maybe I should go to a TO.......wish Dickie V was doing the game he would've reminded him to "get a TO Baby!!""..........way too late...........they shot the ball to fast in the sequences due to the lack of a timeout and the youth that they are. When a team wants to make the game as we saw you need to slow it down and set up the offense but we saw a team needing to make a play and allowing them to rebound and get out......

Okay so without getting into more detail of the obvious, I expected this on one of the 2 games as this team cannot put together 70-80 minutes of basketball. I think they were on the brink and the signs were there, but the person they needed to make that happen and grow with was not on the sideline and with this our chance to defend the title has been relinquished..............

Will watch them and hope I'm wrong but it's painfully obvious 2-3 games in a row are going to be tough for this squad. The return of JC, hopefully, is the only hope vs a much tougher Pitt team and can't you just see the guards going 12-16 from 3?? Love these guys and hope the guys who are supposedly NBA bound get it and stay and choose to don those uniforms one more year and prove they will not go down without a fight!!

Reaction Score
The game ended just as I thought it would during the day. I was just waiting for PC to come back and they did. Such is this year.

The alley oop is sorta like a reverse or some other audible in football. You do it at the beginning of the game as a surprise (ala the Syracuse game) or you do it when the team is beaten (I remember AJ and Kemba doing this with HT a lot toward the end of the year in 08-09).

Good call, too, on the run and defending the individuals: the blame, as it has been all year, should be going to everyone! This team is lacking in something quintessential. Call it youth, leadership, JC, cohesion, whatever. This team that we love so much, with many players back from an NC, is just not very good. Individually, uconn has some great talent. We can see it.

The crazy thing is that this team is closer to Pitt than it is to a Gtown or a Marq. (forget about Syracuse), not only because of the record, but because of a lack. The comeback against Syracuse was an exception .

It's taken me until today to realize this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32
Top Bottom