The Leftovers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Leftovers

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
superjohn said:
I like last night's episode, it was interesting and I partly liked it because the whole episode revolved around Nora Durst, I find her very attractive.

She's cougariffic

Reaction Score
So what do you mid-season critics think now? I think the has been going through the fan again and again for the last couple episodes and I've been loving it

Reaction Score
It is very slow. It needs something like the "true detective" drug robbery scene. It doesn't feel like its going anywhere. I would be happy with a dead end. Everything from the dogs , to the cult, to Scott Glen, to the priest, to the kids are a treadmill.

Reaction Score
Sooooo... what does everyone think heading into the season finale?

Reaction Score
Sooooo... what does everyone think heading into the season finale?
I was expecting a LOT more from this episode. All we really got was that there was some angel-like deer running around and it getting killed is what preceded the vanishing. They really have a duck ton to explain in the finale. I think, and I think a lot of people feel similar, that the show's future rides on this finale because up to now we really haven't got much

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's an ass load of stuff that needs to come together - and it won't, because that's the nature of a cliffhanger - but I think the last three episodes have been great. (Last night's was very, very good.)

Reaction Score
The deer wasn't angelic, didn't it have a foil balloon stuck to it's head?

I really like the show, and I don't need everything explained. I really hope that HBO doesn't kill it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I really like the show, and I don't need everything explained. I really hope that HBO doesn't kill it.

It's been renewed for a second season - I'm glad because this is the sort of show that someone high up at HBO tends not to get.

Reaction Score
It's been renewed for a second season - I'm glad because this is the sort of show that someone high up at HBO tends not to get.
It's ratings were somewhat like a "U". It lost viewers each week at first, then steadily gained them at the end.

I wonder how many HBO honchos knew what the hell "John from Cincinnati" was about?

Reaction Score

So you're saying the huge glowing going on was just the balloon?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That's the impression I got.

Yes. But the balloon was telling him he was having a daughter (which at the time was true) - does that kinda make it a star again?

Reaction Score
Yes. But the balloon was telling him he was having a daughter (which at the time was true) - does that kinda make it a star again?

No idea, but I am thinking that it still could be a coincidence given that the deer had been rampaging inside of houses and probably had the balloon tangled ij his antlers as a result.

Reaction Score
Wasn't sure about the show early in the season but the second half of the season was great and the finale I just watched made my jaw drop.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Holy s---.

I'm still not even sure I know what's going on, but wow.

Reaction Score
that stuff was horrible.

you made them remember, huh? THE WHOLE SHOW, EVERY EPISODE, MADE SURE WE KNEW EVERYONE THOUGHT ABOUT IT EVERY SECOND OF THEIR DAY!!!!!!.

What crap

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
that stuff was horrible.

you made them remember, huh? THE WHOLE SHOW, EVERY EPISODE, MADE SURE WE KNEW EVERYONE THOUGHT ABOUT IT EVERY SECOND OF THEIR DAY!!!!!!.

What crap
Now THAT's a sweet melt. Well done!

Reaction Score
Did anyone else think that the baby on the porch was going to be Kevin's wife's vanished fetus? That would have been F-ed up.

Reaction Score
Or Wayne's granting Kevin's wish

Was thinking the same thing. So many possibilities but that could be Kevin's wish and it still could be the anti christ. With this show, anything is possible.

I just think that this is an interesting show, assuming it is about a potential biblical situation it's sort of a refreshing take on the decline of civilization.

I was also relieved that Kevin getting admitted to the hospital was one of his dreams. When he fell asleep in the car, I was thinking we were finally going to get to see the bizarro Kevin that only comes out in his sleep.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom