The KLS Show - Live | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The KLS Show - Live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mater looks like a bunch of me first players. And as good a shooter Lou is, she strolled up and down the court like EDD. Her defense is non-existent and she doesn't have a clue about rebounding. At least in this game. Chaminade played like a team. I have an idea now about KML's comment that there was no sense of family at her HS.

Anyone who thinks Lou will walk into a starting position next season needs to watch this game.

No offense --but I think you're analysis is way out there.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, it was incredibly poor coaching for KLS. There were at least four or five times in the last quarter where they continuously called plays to get KLS open threes...not once did they try to isolate her in the post or at the high post. She's 6'4 and spends all her time on the perimeter, when her defender is smaller....isolate her and let her attack the post. Breanna Stewart wasn't coached to sit on the perimeter in HS....she did both. KLS does both when we plays for USA, but every time I've watched one of her HS games (granted thats only a handful) it is always screens for threes. Mix it up. Give her different looks. It makes her really easy to guard when you only run one or two things for her. Just really really poor coaching down the wire and really poor decision making from her teammates. Gotta feel for the kid. Good news....she gets to play at UConn next year where the latter two things mentioned won't be an issue. Best coach in basketball and good decision makers on the perimeter. I have a feeling she is ready to be surrounded by some people who can get her the ball where she needs it....moriah.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have an idea now about KML's comment that there was no sense of family at her HS.

Those at Mater Dei have said the bad seeds are now gone and that the team chemistry is great. That just looked like poor decision making combined with excellent shot-making from Chaminade to me.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Mater Dei's season isn't over though. They still have a chance to win their state title.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This thread goes to show you that basketball is serious business around these parts.

Reaction Score
Really shocking how bad MD handled the press. They would've been eaten alive by St. Mary Stockton's press though in the Open Final (had they won). MD has a lot of talent outside of Lou. Chaminade is all Higgins and Odom (mostly). Though, Odom and Higgins are probably Top 30 players in the 2016 class, and are long, athletic wings that can "disrupt" Lou moreso than most HS players.

Reaction Score
ME: "she strolled up and down the courtlike EDD. "

No offense --but I think you're analysis is way out there.

My comment was admittedly based on one game. I only saw the last 3 quarters. And soon after I put it on she ran down a Chaminade player on a break off a turnover and stuffed it out of bounds off Chaminade. A fantastic play. But on far too many plays in he second half she was the last MD player into the frontcourt. And she floated rather than ran on offense.

I hope I'm wrong but it's what I saw.

I can't understand how she has played for years on top HS teams and AAU teams and never was taught a defensive stance.

Reaction Score
That was painful to watch. How does she never go to the post to get the ball? How does she not get the ball consistently in the 4th quarter as her team falls apart? Totally outcoached. Unprepared to handle the press.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Besides poor decisions, lack of rebounding really hurt Mater Dei. How many second chance points did they give up.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Just back from the game and I sat behind the bench as I came out of my depressive hibernation from our miserable season.

First of all, MD does not have any other good players, even ours who I particularly came to see was woeful. KLS has basically carried this team on her back. The coaches are constantly telling her to stay out of foul trouble, she is a target and the whole Chaminade team were trying to stop her and hitting her everywhere on the court. High schools officiating is so bad it's amazing there were no injuries.

How can she post, they double her and her team cannot pass the ball quick enough to avoid the double. Most of her points she has to work her ass off to get.

The end of game demise was due to their pG who is a holdback and just folded and turned the ball over. I actually like the freshman post better than the one verbal to us who will never play but just is a local with alumni parents. Kieran should have put the ball in KLS hands as she would draw doubles and break the press but he just seemed to let the game get away from him especially when the refs were not giving any calls.

Well maybe she will decommit and stay home - sorry just my wishful thinking.

Reaction Score
ME: "she strolled up and down the courtlike EDD. "

My comment was admittedly based on one game. I only saw the last 3 quarters. And soon after I put it on she ran down a Chaminade player on a break off a turnover and stuffed it out of bounds off Chaminade. A fantastic play. But on far too many plays in he second half she was the last MD player into the frontcourt. And she floated rather than ran on offense.

I hope I'm wrong but it's what I saw.

I can't understand how she has played for years on top HS teams and AAU teams and never was taught a defensive stance.

I didn't see "stroll" like you did. Thus I don't agree with that. Your point about EDD - I don't know why you referenced a player that never palyed one second for UCONN. Anyhow EDD was a sensational player in college.

As far as strolling - in 3rd quarter one time Odom outran her. But Odom is much faster. One play Lou did stroll as you say and paid for it with a foul. Another play the guard stole a pass - Lou mistakenly tried to stop the ball - then complained to the ref that the other player carried. She complained - after that she was out of the play.

Then midway through 4th quarter another turnover within a couple of seconds Odom gets a layup- I didn't see Lou hustle - but damn man- she was nearly under the basket- the other team was running a fastbreak. what are you expecting to see out of high school kids that aren't speed burners that have to carry their team's offense?

As far as defensive stance- I don't see anyone other than guards get into a defensive stance in high school in this setting. For example Odom - I didn't one time she was in a defensive stance and she is rated 7th best player for 2016 on hooopgurlz.

And - you are referencing "AAU?" For me -- AAU is glorified exhibition. I just don't know why you'd reference EDD or AAU to make points. And the hustling -- I didn't see at all the consistency that you saw that Lou was last down the court. It's as though you saw it a couple of times she was last it meant "far too many."

At any rate, I thought Lou was sensational.

Reaction Score
Just back from the game and I sat behind the bench as I came out of my depressive hibernation from our miserable season.

First of all, MD does not have any other good players, even ours who I particularly came to see was woeful. KLS has basically carried this team on her back. The coaches are constantly telling her to stay out of foul trouble, she is a target and the whole Chaminade team were trying to stop her and hitting her everywhere on the court. High schools officiating is so bad it's amazing there were no injuries.

How can she post, they double her and her team cannot pass the ball quick enough to avoid the double. Most of her points she has to work her ass off to get.

The end of game demise was due to their pG who is a holdback and just folded and turned the ball over. I actually like the freshman post better than the one verbal to us who will never play but just is a local with alumni parents. Kieran should have put the ball in KLS hands as she would draw doubles and break the press but he just seemed to let the game get away from him especially when the refs were not giving any calls.

Well maybe she will decommit and stay home - sorry just my wishful thinking.
I've always thought Rosenblum was overrated. Why she is rated so high, I do not know. However, MD has way more talent. They have a roster filled with D1 talent (Rosenblum included). Chaminade is Odom and Higgins, though Fescke was amazing this game. Is she playing hoops in college?

Reaction Score
I've always thought Rosenblum was overrated. Why she is rated so high, I do not know. However, MD has way more talent. They have a roster filled with D1 talent (Rosenblum included). Chaminade is Odom and Higgins, though Fescke was amazing this game. Is she playing hoops in college?

I see that Odom and Higgins are pretty high rated for 2016 and Fescke looked amazing. So who on MD looked as amazing as Fescke or is as good as Odom and Higgins besides Lou?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to watch the replay of the game it is archived here
http://player.theplatform.com/p/fs-rsn/n7GiFpCmyw4t/select/tYXFpRf3zqn4
The link lists 25 championship games, in various sports and divsions. There are 14 games listed on the first page and the balance on the 2nd page. KLS's game is the 24th game on page two.
I will see what I can find on Fecske. I never have seen Chaminade play before. I hope some mid major D1 didn't over look her because she is short.

Reaction Score
I do not see Fecske listed on the ESPN top 100 or on Prospect Nations top 150.

Reaction Score
Few HS players are complete players. Was Stewie a great defender as a freshman ? I cannot wait to see KLS and our other 2 recruits play and fully develope over their time at UConn. Geno and the coaches will see to it.

Reaction Score
What was the strategy of the Mater Dei coaching staff? Other than going zone, I didn't see much strategy. Too much dribbling by the Mater Dei guards, no picks set for Katie Lou, and no one put on Fescke. How do you not trap her? At 5'4" she would have a hard time throwing the ball over the top of a trap. To the critics of Katie Lou's defense, she has admitted that is an area she needs to work on. No high school coaches push their players to play D the way UConn does.

Reaction Score
Few HS players are complete players. Was Stewie a great defender as a freshman ? I cannot wait to see KLS and our other 2 recruits play and fully develope over their time at UConn. Geno and the coaches will see to it.
Three very talented freshman coming in, plus Ms Butler. It should be very interesting
in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog