The "Jalen Deserves his Own Thread" Thread . . . | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The "Jalen Deserves his Own Thread" Thread . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Our offense benefits best by having the right people in the right places playing to their strengths and not their limitations. That means Sterling off the ball playing catch and shoot and not on ball at the end of shot clock with the ball in hands unable to breakdown defenders, Purvis leaking on breaks, Miller getting touches down low, Daniel pushing the break off rebounds in full court but not having to be the only breakdown guy in the half court. Jalen playing how he is without having to take a lot of shots is enabling all those previous points I just made. Jalen is about 6th on the depth chart of people I want to see taking a jumper right now. But make no mistake, even without that jumper he makes us a way better looking offensive team with him on the floor than when he isnt.

I don't want Jalen putting up 10 midrange jumpers a game, but there are plenty of situations every game where the shot clock is under 10 seconds and we've failed to set up any offense, and we usually end up getting an awful shot up. If he's able to drive into the lane and put up an uncontested 12-footer instead, that's a big weapon for situations like that.

Reaction Score
If anything, I would have liked the ball in his hands more. He started to play looser and went a little too far with the bad pass where he tried to whip it through about 4 defenders. Nice to see this as he has been deferring too much and needs to play a more confident, relaxed game. Oh do I wish that dunk had gone down...would have been great for his confidence. Fun to see too!

He is so much fun to watch and it looks like Ollie is finally handing over the keys to the offense to him.

He is still making freshman mistakes but they are ones you can live with somewhat. The pass you describe was a bad decision along with the pass he gave to Facey at the free throw line on a fast break that led to Facey turning the ball over. Everyone on here seems to be blaming Facey for that turnover but that is all on Adams. You dont give the ball up to a big guy in that situation at that spot on the floor. Adams might have throught it was Dham or someone else but you have to know your personnel and in that case he put Facey in a position to fail and thats what happened.

Jalen is the X factor for this team. If he runs the offense and plays well they can do a lot of damage.

Reaction Score
Really wanted him to finish that jam.
A player that misses that dunk vs a player that makes that dunk might just be the difference between a guy who plays 1-2 yrs and a guy who plays 3-4 yrs...so missing isn't all bad

Reaction Score
At one point I questioned KOs development of Adams. I wasn't particularly vocal about it on this site, but I definitely thought it. I really like what KO is doing to Adams at this point.

Reaction Score
Anyone have freshman comparisons of Jalen vs Kemba vs Shabazz vs Boatright?

Reaction Score

I'd say Adams is way ahead of all of them BUT... the others also had studs ahead of them, so you can't make the comparison.

Remember, Kemba had AJ Price ahead of him.

Reaction Score

I just checked on ESPN. All had similar numbers. Boatright with better stats but he played over 30 min a game as a freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom