The Goldbergs | The Boneyard

The Goldbergs

Reaction Score
Anyone watching this? I watched the first 2 episodes when it first came on a year or so ago, and thought it was just okay. I didn't go back to it until a few months ago. We're now up to date on the series and it's (and Modern Family) are my two favorite sit-coms on TV today. If you grew up in the 80's in a medium to large family with a loud dad and overbearing mom it will be like reliving many moments in your childhood. It's pretty smartly done, and with every episode I like it more and more. Love how they end every episode with actual video footage from the creator's family, which was the inspiration for that weeks episode. If you haven't caught it, give it a shot... it grows on you.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. Terrific show. Very funny....great characters. Must see TV for anyone in their middle school or HS years in the 80s.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A family fave here. Definitely rings true. Very well done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you're looking for a good one to start with, "The Facts of Bleeping Life" episode is the one that hooked me. I caught parts before then and thought it was okay. Haven't missed one since and it has gotten more and more consistently very good imo. The mix tape one is an instant classic. Reminds me of "The Wonder Years" set in a different time period and funnier. I'm slightly older than the target I think (I'm almost 49) , but close enough to appreciate its accuracy very much. Casting is excellent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's a good show. My kids got into it, and i have caught up on it. The obvious comparable is the Wonder Years, but I actually like the Goldbergs better because it is not as sentimental and self-important as the Wonder Years (or anything about the 60's for that matter).

I will say that if I ever go into acting, I want Jeff Garlin's agent. I don't think he is terrible, but he is not great either. He basically has two expressions, frustration and resignation. I always thought he was cast in Curb Your Enthusiasm so that he wouldn't show up Larry David. The Goldbergs is the second successful TV series he has been on, and should have a long run ahead of it, plus he co-starred in Daddy Day Care, which was a hit movie. Garlin's agent is definitely earning his fee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom