The gamecocks chop? | The Boneyard

The gamecocks chop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure how many baseball fans are one here...but did anyone notice the SC fans during a time out late in the game today doing the Atlanta Braves song & chop?

I found that very odd...:confused:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Those had to be Florida State fans, and they originated it, not the Atlanta Braves fans. The KC Chiefs fans have also adopted it. The Braves and Chiefs fans are imitators.

Reaction Score
Ahhhh thanks for explaining. Not sure how I mixed up SC fans from Florida state. I've never seen anyone but the Braves do it (not sure how I missed KC but I mostly watch only NFC games)

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
You're welcome. I love your avatar photo.

South Carolina and Florida State both use garnet as their primary colors, so it's easy to confuse the two. FSU is garnet and gold, USC is garnet and black.

Reaction Score
Thanks :) Those were my babies for 15 & 17 years. Gone a while now but will never be forgotten.

I guess easy to do since I don't generally watch other games but Uconn. I need to open my darn eyes and pay attention!:eek:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It is the Seminole Tomahawk Chop. We Gator fans find it obnoxious.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure how many baseball fans are one here...but did anyone notice the SC fans during a time out late in the game today doing the Atlanta Braves song & chop?

I found that very odd...:confused:

You're welcome. I love your avatar photo.

South Carolina and Florida State both use garnet as their primary colors, so it's easy to confuse the two. FSU is garnet and gold, USC is garnet and black.

Ahhhh thanks for explaining. Not sure how I mixed up SC fans from Florida state. I've never seen anyone but the Braves do it (not sure how I missed KC but I mostly watch only NFC games)

Two-laughing-cats1.jpg

Their was a ton of garnet in the house..... plus there was Arizona State on Friday night with their maroon.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Not sure how many baseball fans are one here...but did anyone notice the SC fans during a time out late in the game today doing the Atlanta Braves song & chop?I found that very odd...:confused:

I don't think they are chops...maybe wings or bone in breast?

Reaction Score
View attachment 8927

Their was a ton of garnet in the house..... plus there was Arizona State on Friday night with their maroon.

I really feel like such an idiot...bit my excuse was I was half watching on my tiny iPad while I was working:p
At any rate I still found the chant odd regardless of the team. man that is annoying enough hearing the braves do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom