The game on radio | The Boneyard

The game on radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
WTIC lost the rights to air the games but if you have an XM subscription it's on ch 137 or you should be able to listen online thru XM radio.com

WTIC has a link to Listen Here on their web site.

Reaction Score
Nan - was this announced anywhere? First I heard - just loooking for background on it.

Thx!

Reaction Score
Heard post game on way home. Imagine games was on. Heard them call it the ING something or other.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
ING is a clearinghouse to manage the rights. I'm 99% sure it was on 1080. Hear the pre and post, but was at the game so I can't verify for sure what was on from 7:30-11.

Reaction Score
I was @ game so all I caught was pre and post but all is good... I think:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release.pdf

"Radio coverage For the 21st consecutive season, WTIC 1080-AM in Hartford serves as the flagship station for the IMG/UConn Radio Network. WTIC is the state’s only 50,000 watt signal and can be heard in 23 states and parts of Canada. The 2012-13 football and men’s and women’s basketball season will mark the first year that the radio rights are held by IMG College, which is UConn’s multi-media rights partner.

Veteran UConn announcers Joe D’Ambrosio (play-by-play) and Wayne Norman (color commentary) return to call the action with Kevin Nathan on the sidelines and Anthony McCalla on production."

Reaction Score
I was @ game so all I caught was pre and post but all is good... I think:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/conn/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release.pdf

"Radio coverage For the 21st consecutive season, WTIC 1080-AM in Hartford serves as the flagship station for the IMG/UConn Radio Network. WTIC is the state’s only 50,000 watt signal and can be heard in 23 states and parts of Canada. The 2012-13 football and men’s and women’s basketball season will mark the first year that the radio rights are held by IMG College, which is UConn’s multi-media rights partner.

Veteran UConn announcers Joe D’Ambrosio (play-by-play) and Wayne Norman (color commentary) return to call the action with Kevin Nathan on the sidelines and Anthony McCalla on production."

You can hear it in Canada but not in Milford? More like 50 watts.

Reaction Score
Tried to get game on WTIC via Internet and the link directed me to CBS sports and they wanted something Iike $9.95 so instead I watched in on ESPN3. Unlike many on this board, I like Joe D and Wayne and much prefer them to ESPN3. But don't like them so much that I'll pay to listen to them.

Reaction Score
WTIC did broadcast the game last night. Apparently they have the rights to broadcast the game over the radio, but they no longer have the rights to stream it over the internet.

Reaction Score
We were listening to the pre-game show while tailgating on Thursday--radio.com on iPhone. After the 6 pm news, Clark Howard was on. Great, back to the boom box just as we got the bluetooth speaker.

IMG and UCONN need to do a much better job in providing "over the air" coverage. The UCONN radio "network" is a joke--no stations in Fairfield, New Haven or Litchfield counties. WTIC reception is spotty at best and horrible at worst in Fairfield County so streaming broadcast is the best option here. Now that option is gone or for pay? That stinks...get in to the 21st century IMG and UCONN.

Reaction Score
After having been spoiled growing up in the heart of UConn country (eastern CT) I can vouch for zero radio coverage south of New Haven On 95/Merrit pkwy ( I know you also can't get in it Danbury area pn 84 but not too sure how far east you have to go before WTIC comes in). I think this is the last year of radio contract with WTIC...satellite radio would put us nationwide...build up a following among alumni who live out if state in addition to allowing radio coverage for the entire tri-state area!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom