The Game (2) | The Boneyard

The Game (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
First Half, second part

If one considers the start of the game ND had some cause for optimism; the score stood at 8-6 in their favor, Reimer had executed a neat turn around move to the basket for two and then blocked a KML jumper from the corner. But with Stewie's unopposed baseline drive to tie the score, the air started to leak out of ND's balloon. Reimer's two big plays was about it, ineffective thereafter, beaten repeatedly to the ball, left unguarded away from the basket, became passive.

Does anyone recall Geno diagramming as many plays as he did in this and the last few games?…I thought it was contrary to his philosophy

One of the strangest (and unheralded) plays of the game occurred at about 12:23
Mo heaves a long pass to Stewie racing to the hoop with McBride the only defender. A bit of contact at the catch causes KMac to fall. Left alone under the basket, undefended, Breanna unconsciously dribbles to the corner. One of my fav moments of the game…Goofy?

Does Michaela Mabrey remind anyone of Maria Conlon? Remember she's only a soph.

The first of the two big hits on Stef occurs at about 10:10. On the third UConn rebound she is sandwiched between three players including Wright and Braker. I don't want to call it dirty pool, but it sure is suspicious. Remember Wright was involved last year in that contact that injured Stewart's shoulder. And in that case I surely believe it to be unnecessary roughness.

At 8:34 we have the first of Mabrey's three flops; one more ridiculous than the next. All, studiously ignored by the officials.

Muffit spoke at some point of wanting to get into UConn's bench, I suppose meaning Stokes…And they did close the gap some, during this segment of the game. Can anyone explain her strategy to me?

Holly's interview with Muffit sure sounded like a paraphrase of last year, got to get a body on Stewart, got to relax on offense and run some plays.

Around 6:58 in the midst of an unsuccessful possession, Stokes gives hip checks to not one but two ND players as they motor close by. Loyd is treated to a moderate biggie. These girls play rough. Of course, no call (s).

Wanted to get to the half but my streaming quit. What do you expect in the boonies?

Reaction Score
Muffit spoke at some point of wanting to get into UConn's bench, I suppose meaning Stokes…And they did close the gap some, during this segment of the game. Can anyone explain her strategy to me?

She would have been happy getting Kiah on the floor so that there would be one less ball-handler and 3-point shooter to defend. She also referenced how they couldn't Triangle & 2 when all four of Stewart, KML, Hartley, and Jefferson were on the floor. But I think her real hope was to get enough calls to actually force Geno to play Saniya or Brianna, and then they would be on a more equal talent footing and could do more defensively to help on UConn's stars.

Reaction Score
Michaela Mabrey's three flops were about as obvious as could be. At least her teachers had a little style. Even the dumbest ref wouldn't be fooled by these.

Reaction Score
The proper name they should be given , 'The Irish Fighting Floppers" !

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Much, much less than three years ago
Only Michaela continues the tradition
And as well as she shoots the three-pointer, her acting skills are sadly deficient.
Nice kid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA