"The expectation is to win every football game." Diaco | Page 11 | The Boneyard

"The expectation is to win every football game." Diaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm tired of excuses. I'm even more tired of seeing players from these non bowl teams in the NFL and excelling at other programs then hearing the same excuses.

The Johnny Mac year is the only valid excusable non-believers year and that's a stretch because if PP had only run the freaking ball against Vanderbilt they'd have made a bowl game with a walk on QB.

The following years are just further evidence of coaching suckitude right up to the present. It may not be fair to expect medium sized things from BD this year, but it's the reality where we find ourselves.

Reaction Score
I'm sure. They way I saw last year is that we kept hitting rock bottom, even after we seemingly couldn't get any worse. That USF game was pathetic. Then I went to the Army game. What a debacle, how can we sink any lower? Finished up with the SMU travesty, at least I had no trouble getting out of the parking lot. The fact is after a year and a half, all Diaco has given us is talk. The reality is that may be all he has. Believe me, I hope that isn't the case, but it just may be so.
This is really a great summary of my view and where I differ from the it was all Pasqualonis fault crowd. There may or may not have been some talent there but USF was on Diaco. Being disorganized is on Diaco. Being unprepared is on Diaco. You don't need a ton of talent to not quit in November, as they did last year. The team I saw last year was reminicent ofto what Robinson delivered at Syracuse or strong' predecessor produced at Louivlle. Teams that were poorly prepared disorganized messes.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
it still boils down to him deciding that they were so bad they needed to take the year off from competing.. it's like they audited last years schedule; if it turns into a massive turn around it'll be mad genius. until then,. it's just madness.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diaco made many mistakes last year. Anyone who argues to the contrary is just arguing with their heart, not their head or their eyes. And I'm one of the most positive guys in the room.

Having said all that; we are going to punch some people in #@king mouth this year! Diaco will be better. The team will be better. I will be better. BOOM!!!

Pride. Heart. UConn.
#DezcantstopUConnfromundefeatedseason

Nine pages and finally somebody who makes sense.

I think Diaco felt a need for drastic change last year and sacrificed wins to build the foundation correctly. That produced some ugly football, that was an essential aspect of the decision. He also, as a rookie coach, screwed up. These things both contributed to the horror of last season. Too many seem to thing all the problems were one or the other, some were mistakes, some inevitable for a pure rebuild.

So 2015: (a) there is no rebuild now, this is his team, molded to his requirements; and (b) Diaco is no longer a rookie and needs to cut down his mistakes. If those things happen, there is room for optimism. They will be noticeably better.

Reaction Score
I think a few words from Randy Paush's last lecture can best sum up the game time, on field performances of the 2014 UCONN football season which produced a 2-10 win / loss record.

"No matter how bad things are, you can always make them worse."

All us looney tunes can do, is wait until kickoff for 2015, and hope that by making things worse on the field, something else was getting a lot better, with the reasoning to produce something better in the future.

For us looney tunes, we want the future to be now - that's all I got.

3.5 weeks till game time.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm hoping HCBD is even a little bit sane. I'm hoping for crumbs after last year...and I'm hoping that Kevin Caliente from Nova has to eat his words.

Nothing like a shred of optimism.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I take it you lost
It took you three and a half days to come up with that response? We should call you Costanza.

For the record I know NYC more than well enough to know where I should spend my time (I have no interest in Chinatown). It would be amusing however (and worth the $500) to watch you give the chicken a shot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It took you three and a half days to come up with that response? We should call you Costanza.

For the record I know NYC more than well enough to know where I should spend my time (I have no interest in Chinatown). It would be amusing however (and worth the $500) to watch you give the chicken a shot.
Yup...now I'm sure you lost...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to which of your friends you had to pay to give you a clever response.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll up it to $1,000 to see you take on the chicken.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he can build it back up.
Yep that's the $64,000 question. He was roundly criticized on how he tore it down and leaving winnable games on the table, So the building/ rebuilding should be really something around here. Here's to putting up that first wall(Villanova).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom