The Definitive Problem w/ UConn FB Fans....... | The Boneyard

The Definitive Problem w/ UConn FB Fans.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this is an issue with anyone else but I've had enough beers to make it 0ne with me.

Here's how I breakdown the crowd at a UCFB homegame at The Rent:

1.) 10-15%: Includes us BY'ers, player's family and friends and anyone else who cares about the FB program on a weekly basis.

2.) 30%: "Senior" aged boosters who think they're in Gampel Pavilion and sit on their hands at all times and/or think they're at a very large funeral for someone they can't remember. These are the same people who think it's OK to come late and leave early as long as they "show their face".

C.) 55% of the homeless community in the greater Hartford area who can somehow afford $10 beers at the game but are strapped for cash when it comes to the concept of brushing one's teeth, owning a shirt with sleeves, urinal etiquette and/or personal space in general.

If my Danbury High education serves me well, that's 67% and that's just unacceptable!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I must have missed category C...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I must be missing the urinal etiquette. You have meat gazers in your section or something?

Reaction Score
How about the 47% who accept free or reduced price handout tickets from their rich friends and feel a sense of entitlement to stay in the parking lot and tailgate, while the other fans work hard at supporting their team to make it better. We can just expect that they are never going to contribute to build the program's fanbase. I think we can write off 47% of UConn Nation because they demonstrate that they aren't helping themselves. They will always be dependent on the 53% of season ticket holders to carry them and pay for their perks like free, subway coupons, pins, and t-shirts.

Therefore, if you elect me, I will do away with those silly entitlements like Laz jump starts for the idiots who leave the lights on in their cars or leave the radio blasting while they bathe in the beer and brats (unemployment insurance, welfare, safety net programs), i will cut attendants who try to organize the chaos (teachers, human services) when parking and devote more toward security for the 53% in the stadium and their cars in the white lot (increase defense spending on things we don't need), I will do away with all port-o-potties so people are forced to enter the stadium (I just think it is novel), and I will ban tailgating foods and give concession vouchers that are only good during the first quarter (like Paul Ryan's ingenious plan for Medicare and medicaid).

Now those are policies that we can subscribe to! Boycotts are for narrow-minded liberals. Those dang hippies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Dopey and unfunny. You added more as a lurker.

I've been called worse than dopey and unfunny, Waquoit, so you're still cool with me.

Think your Mom's almost ready with that meatloaf you mentioned?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
OOOHHHHH !!!!!!!

fight
fight
fight
fight

LOUD NOISES!!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Meant the post to be lighthearted, HFD. Wasn't trying to start a fight or make a political statement. When did get so serious in here?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Meant the post to be lighthearted, HFD. Wasn't trying to start a fight or make a political statement. When did **** get so serious in here?

10am
east hartford
saturday

be there. this epic battle will get another 2 to 3k fans there for the game imho.

relax im havin fun.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
10am
east hartford
saturday

be there. this epic battle will get another 2 to 3k fans there for the game imho.

relax im havin fun.

Make it 11am. I don't think that Auggie and Rays opens for lunch that early...

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wouldn't even be a fight. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has my back!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
And everyone above is still 100% better than the fans that sit on their asses at home and don't come out and support the team.

Judgemental . There are circumstances why certain people can't make it to East Hartford. Who are you to sit there and call someone better than another person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I dont care about the 47% that mooch off the system.... err, uhhh, wait, yes i do. ahhh, just vote for me.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Judgemental . There are circumstances why certain people can't make it to East Hartford. Who are you to sit there and call someone better than another person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a UConn Football message board. It's pretty damn clear in this context it's about fair weather fans who could go to the games, but choose to sit and home and complain about the crowd.

But hey, if you want to sit there and be some contrarian and assume my statement is taking shots at people with financial hardships, medical issues or other responsibilities, be my guest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

No judgement involved. Fans that buy tickets and go to games are better fans by definition.

Reaction Score
The definitive problem is there just aren't enough hardcore fans yet. But there are A LOT more of them than there were 10 years ago. Just need to keep building.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's a UConn Football message board. It's pretty damn clear in this context it's about fair weather fans who could go to the games, but choose to sit and home and complain about the crowd.

But hey, if you want to sit there and be some contrarian and assume my statement is taking shots at people with financial hardships, medical issues or other responsibilities, be my guest.

Methinks JaYnYce figures it easy pickings and wants in on the fight.

Since I'm one of those lame posters who won't be at the game, please post the fight on YouTube. My prediction is a tie due to a pulled hammy and a torn rotar cuff during the pre-fight smack talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom