The Dark Tower | The Boneyard

The Dark Tower

Reaction Score
Any fans of the series here? Looks the first movie is finally a go with Idris Elba as Roland Matthew McConnaghey as the man in black.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I am trying hard to get through the book. 2 years and halfway through. Maybe I should start again.

Reaction Score
I am trying hard to get through the book. 2 years and halfway through. Maybe I should start again.
The first one? There are 7 in total (plus a stand alone released a couple years ago). I've read them all but once you get into the 2nd book you'll get hooked.

Reaction Score
Always wanted to read these books. I'm happy for Idris Elba this is high profile lead role that he has always yearned for.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The first one? There are 7 in total (plus a stand alone released a couple years ago). I've read them all but once you get into the 2nd book you'll get hooked.
Yeah, my uncle "loaned" them to me years ago. Never touched them. Still have them.

Reaction Score
Should pick them up again. I read the first 3/4 but not sure why I never finished...long time back. Good reads as I recall.

Reaction Score
Any fans of the series here? Looks the first movie is finally a go with Idris Elba as Roland Matthew McConnaghey as the man in black.

I do appreciate Idris Elba as an actor, but to me it will always be Stringer Bell meets the Dark Tower.

Reaction Score
I do appreciate Idris Elba as an actor, but to me it will always be Stringer Bell meets the Dark Tower.

Couldn't help myself - few years back I was checking in for a flight @ LAX and he walked up behind me. First thing out of my mouth was "Stringer Bell..." he just laughed and shook my hand.

Reaction Score
Couldn't help myself - few years back I was checking in for a flight @ LAX and he walked up behind me. First thing out of my mouth was "Stringer Bell..." he just laughed and shook my hand.

did you ask him where Wallace at?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When is the movie? The series was good at the start, but I dropped it. Dresden Files though...can't get enough of that.

Reaction Score
So the trailer for this is finally out. Not sure what to make of it but I'm a little concerned it's gonna suck. In theaters 8/4.

Reaction Score
So the trailer for this is finally out. Not sure what to make of it but I'm a little concerned it's gonna suck. In theaters 8/4.

It doesn't appear to be even close to capturing the feel of the books, but the story is far too sweeping for one movie to ever do that. However, this is just going to be far too condensed to be enjoyable for any fan of the books in my opinion. I don't even know where to start, but I am pretty bummed that this series isn't going to get a proper on screen treatment.

Reaction Score

Yeah, though you can't tell for sure with trailers, this one didn't inspire confidence. I like the Roland and Man in Black casting, but the tone feels a bit odd.

DT is a very difficult series to transfer to film because the books change so much in writing style, scope, etc. Just think about how differently the first book feels to the second book, let alone the rest of the books. Of course, since the movie is not going to following the books exactly (for spoilerish reasons), they've got their ready made excuse for diverging. But still.

Not like it's gonna stop me from seeing it, though, and hoping for the best. :)

Reaction Score
They said the same thing about Lord of the Rings so I'm hoping they can pull it off. Word is they want to do a TV show for some back story (Wizard and Glass). Looks like the actor from 24 who played Pres. Palmer plays Roland's father so I'm sure he'll be in the TV show. Also, Aaron Paul looks to be cast as Eddie Dean if they get the green light to do the "Drawing of the Three".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom