The Care & Feeding of Verbals | The Boneyard

The Care & Feeding of Verbals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I read a news report this AM about a Michigan football verbal who reopened his recruiting because he got a letter from Michigan thanking him for attending a barbeque he had not attended and spelling his first and last name wrong in the process. I suspect some assistant at Michigan is in the barbey on that one.

Then I noticed that Molly Bent was discovered because Marissa was early for a game on Irwin's, already a ver bal commit. "Turns out Moseley was just early to watch Irwin, who had already given a verbal to UConn, when Bent caught her eye." How Connecticut's 2016 Recruiting Class Came To Be Now I understand. 'Til they are in their sneakers and Geno is gently telling them they know nothing, they aren't through the door. I have come to realize, through multiple ways, that recruiting is unending and exhausting.

Don't know how the coaches do it, but I'm glad we have the team of recruiters we have.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Yup - until the signature is on the letter I think the coaches treat the verbal recruits exactly the way they treat the non-committed recruits - maybe they don't need to work as hard on organizing a visit, and in comments from verbal recruits they may add some 'coaching' suggestions that they might not give to pre-verballed recruits. Otherwise as they say, a verbal is as binding as the paper it is written on.

Reaction Score
I hate to be picky, but they give orals. Both written and orals are verbals.
I hate to be picky,but a written means your in and if you want out you can lose a year of eligibity. An oral means you are in but decide you want out then you can play right away without losing a year. A coach can deny or give certain stipulations for a release from the written also.

Reaction Score
Then there are some who don't sign ever and just show up in June or sometimes September. We old folks remember the days when there were NO letters of intent and recruiting lasted until the person showed up on campus!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom