The Bower Show- ESPN Radio | The Boneyard

The Bower Show- ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone listen to this on 97.9 FM or 1300 AM? It's the ESPN afternoon drive time show here in CT.

I heard they will have Desmond Connor on next Wednesday 8/29...will probably be the first time UConn Football ever comes out of their collective mouths.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I imagine if the fat guy at the end of the bar at every sports bar in the country had a radio show, it would sound like the Bower Show. You can smell the wing sauce through the radio speakers.

Reaction Score
i'm with TRest...not much a fan of the Bower Show. But, I have noticed an effort to push the UConn Football conversation this season so I will be checking in to see if they are delivering.

Reaction Score
I agree. It just seems to be getting worse...Page to Manos to Bower. Listening to audio portion of a You Tube clip on my way home from work doesn't count as sports talk to me.

That being said, if this develops into a weekly spot for DC to talk UConn Football my opinion may change.

Reaction Score
I tried listening to the guy once and I wanted that 10 minutes of my life back. Horrible radio.

Reaction Score
I agree. It just seems to be getting worse...Page to Manos to Bower. Listening to audio portion of a You Tube clip on my way home from work doesn't count as sports talk to me.

That being said, if this develops into a weekly spot for DC to talk UConn Football my opinion may change.
This probably IS going to be Des's weekly spot. Last season, he was on with Manos in the 4 P.M. hour on Tuesdays. Manos moved to Fox Radio morning drive, so Bauer inherits the slot.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's the Radio Disney of sports. For kids only. I try to support the local stuff, but for Bower I'm clearly not the desired demographic.

Reaction Score
Tried to give Bower show a chance but they were way too wrapped up in NFL fantasy stuff in April, May, June. . . .guy has good pipes but Nanos knows more and gives locals a much better ride

Reaction Score
I've never listened to the show, and judging by the responses here it doesn't seem like I'm missing much. However, does the show take calls? I wonder if during the year if UCONN football and basketball fans flood the lines, maybe the show becomes better? Maybe that isn't the show format espn wants, but it'd be pretty cool to have something like that on air where fans can sound off on all things UCONN sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom