The big 2015 UConn football guide: Bob Diaco is not a miracle worker | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The big 2015 UConn football guide: Bob Diaco is not a miracle worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I don't care about the record. I just want to see a competent team, and I don't want to be embarrassed. Losing to Missouri by 28 may be ok. But that's it. I don't want to cough up five turnovers and lose by 21 to teams we should be going toe-to-toe with.

Reaction Score
There was a time when nobody wanted to walk in the Rent and a W was expected. To turn the page, we need to first dominate in our backyard then take the show on the road. Intensity level needs to crank up along with mental toughness. End of last season was a disgusting show of some weak character.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Shirrefs is the real deal, OL keeps progressing and a few playmakers emerge in the skill positions, and defense builds/improves on last year especially secondary, 6 wins is possible. If some but not all of the above, 6 is unlikely.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Show me competent play on the field on both sides of the ball. If our offense can hang with the teams on our schedule not named Missouri, I'll be happy. Like Dooley said, if we win 3-4 games and lose many in close contests, I'll be a happy Husky and will have some faith restored.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So much pessimism.

We have lost fewer games in 2015 than Alabama and Oregon. FACT!!!
Coaches most often perform better in year 2 than year 1. FACT!!!

15-0, my friends. 15-0...

Reaction Score
I want to see competent football being played this season. There is NO time for using the first half of the season as an exhibition for evaluation purposes. Coach Diaco by now should know what pieces of the puzzle he has on hand & game plan accordingly. It starts with the Villanova game. Show the difference between FBS & FCS talent. For the good of the program, UConn cannot afford a Towson vs. UConn or Appy State vs. Michigan result.

Reaction Score
With reality in mind, 4 or 5 wins would be a vast improvement over 2014. But, I'm optimistic in most things that I have an opinion on and it's no different when it comes to the 2015 Huskies. From what I viewed attending the spring game, there is improvement throughout all aspects of the team, both on offense and defense. If they can get a solid job done from a qb who can move the offense consistently, defensively they should be able to create enough stops to keep every game close (including Missouri). And my optimistic nature says being close means you can win whatever game your in. So, with that in mind, UConn wins 6-8 games this year. Half full, not half empty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom