The Athletic's projections for 2025 WNBA draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Athletic's projections for 2025 WNBA draft

Reaction Score
Citron's actually from Eastchester, NY (in Westchester), but I get the point! ;)
Hidalgo is a Jersey girl as well, but Geno got an early commitment from KK Arnold from Wisconsin that seemed to work out just fine.
You know that Citron could have been the quintessential UConn guard/wing if she had gone there........of course, we don't know for sure how hard UConn went after her but as you may remember I heard crickets about her and wasn't happy about it at the time....

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel that with the Lynx having pick # 4 they might try and trade up to #1 and take Paige as the "Hometown Girl" ?? They probably have to give a lot up but.......
One can only hope.

Reaction Score
She's very athletic but she's a lousy three-point shooter and if she can't improve on that it's going to be tough to make it at the pro level
She shot the ball awfully well from three against UConn
And the second half against Stanford she did as well

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She shot the ball awfully well from three against UConn
And the second half against Stanford she did as well
I think you're thinking of James, not Rivers.

Reaction Score
- I think it's fair and prudent to see how Fudd, Griffin, Harmon and Miles come back from their knee injuries. If they make solid progress this year, it bodes well for the following years in the pro's. Good luck to them all.

- Looking at forwards, I'll be interested to see where Iriafen lands in college next season and how playing in that system helps/hinders her development, which came on strong last season. Westbeld has improved her footwork and rebounding working with Carlos Knox, who was brought in last year by Coach Ivey specifically to help with skill development for players who had pro potential. Will be interesting to see how that progresses with both players.

- While I'm admittedly biased on Sonia Citron, I think Merchant got it right: At 6'1", she can play wing or the #2 and rebounds/plays defense well, while shooting from all three levels.

- With Strong coming into Storrs, will Pagie move out of the #4 and to off-guard? Or point?
I’m not sure if Citron is a top 10 pick but she will be drafted and will make a roster. She’s such a gamer who innately senses what is needed on the floor based on her teammates strengths and weaknesses - and fills the gaps. Every team in the league could use a player with her skills and steady temperament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom