"The 2 Bills"...30 For 30 tonight! | The Boneyard

"The 2 Bills"...30 For 30 tonight!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That Belichick press conference with the Jets...

Kraft: "I thought it was a great press conference!"

Reaction Score
Thinking back about how much the Miracle at the Meadowlands changed the fortunes of several NFL teams.

09000d5d8253fc17_video_cp.jpg

Giants coaching staff gets fired after the season, Ray Perkins get hired as next coach and Parcells & Belichick both join his staff. The rest is history.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Love it.... as a giants fan. Fantastic short that really filled in what had become foggy to me over time. Great stuff.

I wonder how many defensive coaches are rethinking their level of effort in designing their defenses and coaching their squad. Bellicheck, three different defenses over deployed post season en route to super bowl 25.

Reaction Score
It was awesome. Kind of sad though, Bellichick should have been our head coach for the past 25 years.

Deep down i think he, wishes he would be the Giants HC not saying now but back when he was the Browns HC. It was funny when Parcells and Belichick were looking at the 4 superbowls and BB said "those are the 2 we won and those are the 2 we gave them"lol.

Reaction Score
Belichick probably became a better coach as the years went on. Didn't work out for the Browns so much, but one he arrived in New England and built a system around Brady, it was lights out.

Reaction Score
It was great watching BB sign his name then write go Giants.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Watched a few minutes of it and DVRed the 10:30 replay. Expecting the rest to be just as good as what I saw.

Reaction Score
Belichick probably became a better coach as the years went on. Didn't work out for the Browns so much, but one he arrived in New England and built a system around Brady, it was lights out.

They beat Parcells in the playoffs, for $&#'s sake. The next season, injuries and the turmoil over the move to Baltimore set them back, and Modell was too stupid to realize it was his own fault and fired BB.

I was too young to be pissed at Parcells for leaving the Giants in the lurch after the second Super Bowl win. I was reminded of that last night -- thinking things would have been very different had he made his decision right after the game.

Reaction Score
Its been so long, I forgot the timeline. But losing both Belichick and Parcells in a 3 month span for a team that just won teh superbowl and was highly competitve every year was just crippling. Belichick in a Giants system with Giants personnel, coaches, and ownership would have been far more successful as a first job than going to Art Modell and the Brownies.

What could have been dammit. The Giants may have had another SB in teh short term and the Pats would be sitting there with years of continued squalor in all likelihood.

Loved the honesty of LT also - basically saying once both Bills left, his career took a big hit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They beat Parcells in the playoffs, for $&#'s sake. The next season, injuries and the turmoil over the move to Baltimore set them back, and Modell was too stupid to realize it was his own fault and fired BB.

Plus the Browns fanbase supported drunken Bernie Kosar over BB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Model announcing the move right before the season began caused a major problem. A couple early injuries didn't help and as BB's methodology toom some buying into, a number of players stopped listening to him once the losing began. The wholw thing spiralled out of control.

At the time I felt Parcells waited to step aside to be sure Bellichick didn't get the job. The Giants at the time had a very young offensive line, secondary, some quality young receivers, defensive lineman and even a couple replacement LB's. They also had Rodney Hampton and a backup QB with SB ring, entering his prime. They were poised to be a playoff team for another decade until a) Handley mishandled a number of things and b) Dan Reeves cut all Parcells/Bellichick defensive players (those who didn't land in Cleveland ended up in Foxboro) and turned the defense into whipped cream.

What's amazing is prior to hiring Parcells the Pats were discussing a move to St Louis. 90% of the people who claim to have been fans since before Parcells got there are lying through their teeth.

Reaction Score
This is great! 43 minutes in...
Too bad I won't watch ESPN. Supports kneeler losers. Not even UCONN Basketball or Football anymore.

Seems like it would be a good show. I like Parcels. and my Giants.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
BB coached 5 seasons in Cleveland. The showed made it seem like two.

Reaction Score
Too bad I won't watch ESPN. Supports kneeler losers. Not even UCONN Basketball or Football anymore.

Seems like it would be a good show. I like Parcels. and my Giants.

Well worth it Rich if you are a GIANTS fan. ... you will like the end with Parcells in the GIANTS "Hall" with the rings and HOF busts..... and then he was adamant about NOT going to the JETS lockeroom....forgot how entertaining he really was back in the day. Very good watch ...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Well worth it Rich if you are a GIANTS fan. ... you will like the end with Parcells in the GIANTS "Hall" with the rings and HOF busts..... and then he was adamant about NOT going to the JETS lockeroom....forgot how entertaining he really was back in the day. Very good watch ...

Rich Cimini had a column today quoting Parcells saying he had nothing against the Jets, he was just tired and didn’t want to do any more filming that day. It wasn’t because he didn’t like the Jets locker room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom