That sucking sound? | The Boneyard

That sucking sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yep, the enthusiasm rapidly blowing out of the collective souls of Yankee fans. Millions of dollars blown on the most un-fun team in baseball. Old, slow, banged up...or about to be hurt. last night I slept through that comeback. I woke up in time to hear Michael Kay call it "more like rally-lite".

I want Aaron Judge pretty quickly. And Greg Bird, too.

This team (and prior) sucks against rookie pitchers. And knowing CC will suck. And that Mas Tanaka will go down soon.

Gak!

Reaction Score
Nothing's changed the Yankees tie the game and can't get across the gw run. It's happened all of last year. All their runs seem to be by the solo hr.

Reaction Score
I like Evoldo (sp?) - needs to get better command of his breaking stuff for sure but working hard on a change up. Throws the crap out of it and if he didn't hang an 0-2 cutter to Ramirez he has a solid outing.

They can't hit, they're awful. They made a Wiley look like a star for most of the game and without a huge strike zone (he had one) he's not at all going to thrive in the AL. Admit it, we're in for a painful season on the offensive side. Oh, some pretty talented arms in the 'pen is nice but they'll rarely be coming in to hold on to a lead.

Reaction Score
Now they can't make a play or hit.........wow disgraceful team to throw on the field. Love that 27-30 year old guys can't play the next day - Ellsbury, Tex, McCann........throw that crappy righty line up out there against a solid righty and make him Tom Fn Seaver.

Giants camp? Oct 15th Huskies practice - here yet? LOL

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
#firecashman

Joe Kelly is decent but 1-hitter through 7 innings at Yankee Stadium decent? I guess so.

Reaction Score
#firecashman

Joe Kelly is decent but 1-hitter through 7 innings at Yankee Stadium decent? I guess so.

Kelly is Seaver, Buccy is in trouble. Throwing in the BP during the Saturday game makes me think something is wrong, but who knows. Giving up 10 runs to that debacle of a team also makes me think something is wrong lol

Reaction Score
It is way to early to come to judgment about the Yankees. They aren't going to be a great hitting team so their pitching and defense is going to have carry them and neither looks promising right now. Milwaukee shortened CC's career with all the pitches he had to throw and he no longer has the heat to be dominant. If Tanaka can stay healthy and some of their young pitchers come along they can be competitive but that lineup doesn't look like they are going to hit.
If I were Cashman I'd go hard after Hammels.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hamels is owed 23.5M in each of the next 3 seasons. I feel its time for the next youth movement. Starting with Cashman

#firecashman

Reaction Score
Hamels is owed 23.5M in each of the next 3 seasons. I feel its time for the next youth movement. Starting with Cashman

#firecashman
The problem is that the Yankees don't have a slew of young talent in their farm system and they don't have the veteran players to trade for youth. They may be forced to go the free agent route.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
And that is why hey are here. Everybody is signing their young guys. Yankees need their own young guys. Sadly, #firecashman can't draft for . Judge, Severino and Bird have to come through. And CAshman needs to go in favor of someone innovative.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
John Sterling: "And here's Jacoby Ellsbury. He's off to a very good start. He's 9 for 28 with no home runs and no runs batted in."

Reaction Score
The problem is that the Yankees don't have a slew of young talent in their farm system and they don't have the veteran players to trade for youth. They may be forced to go the free agent route.

Screw Hamels, typical NL pitcher that wouldn't be worth half his salary in the AL. Yanks are in trouble for a while period!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Gotta give a hat tip to ARoid. He just hit a 470 foot bomb.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Screw Hamels, typical NL pitcher that wouldn't be worth half his salary in the AL. Yanks are in trouble for a while period!
NL or not, a 124 ERA+ is nothing to scoff at. The 4/$96M (plus a $20M team option) he is owed is a bargain. Scherzer (just one year younger and with a similar park adjusted track record) just got 7/$210. It's a safe bet that if Hamels was a free agent this past offseason he would have gotten well over 5/$116.

Now I don't know much about the Yankees farm system, but if it is thin then I agree it probably isn't worth it for the Yankees to deal for Hamels. They would need to deal Judge, Severino, Bird, and then some for him. It's my understanding that the Yankees would be left with virtually no high upside prospects who are near Major League ready if they did that. And where does that leave you if you don't make the playoffs this year or next?

mets1090

Reaction Score
He's 6 for 28 and batting .214 please sign him up - perfect fit!:eek:
I know this is probably mostly tongue in cheek, but Peraza is actually a solid prospect. Good glove/speed and he hit .335 in AA last year at 20 years old. Probably won't ever hit more than 5 homeruns in a season but his speed should make up for it.

Reaction Score
I know this is probably mostly tongue in cheek, but Peraza is actually a solid prospect. Good glove/speed and he hit .335 in AA last year at 20 years old. Probably won't ever hit more than 5 homeruns in a season but his speed should make up for it.

Didn't know a lot about him thanks for the heads up. Sounds like they'd have to give up a lot of what they do or don't have.

As far as Hamels he's a solid 2, maybe 3 but on the way down. Can't be paying him that much for that many years, there will be better available I am guessing but you make a valid argument.

Reaction Score

I would rather them first give Jose Pirela or Rob Refsnyder a chance before trading for some other teams prospect.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I would rather them first give Jose Pirela or Rob Refsnyder a chance before trading for some other teams prospect.
Oh I wouldn't go out of my way to trade for him either. I was just pointing out that he's a solid prospect that would be a decent piece as part of a larger trade. Probably grades out as a B level prospect.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Last I saw Pirela he was concussed in Spring Training and hasn't been seen again. He has been in Yankees system for 7+ years and has Refsnyder ahead of him. He was doing well in Florida, too, until the concussion.

Refsnyder needs to work on his footwork.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The new sucking sound is the depression escaping this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom