That Stewie Swat

Status
Not open for further replies.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
A thing of beauty... <3

Reaction Score
I've watched it about 10 times now, still not tired of seeing it. What closing speed, and you can see Stewie's expression and body posture shift as she is getting ready to pounce - - kind of like a cheetah closing in for the kill.

On the front end though, I'm a little confused. Did our MoJet just fall over?!? Not what I'd expect based on the many times I've seen her. Me yes :), MoJet No :confused:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Moriah bumped in to Laney and then fell backwards.

Geno said Breanna's block reminded him of plays Maya used to make. Moriah said it was Lebron-like.

"I was coming off the screen and me and Betnijah ran into each other and I tripped. I got up and said 'Stewie is about to do this' so I got up and she blocked the shot," Jefferson said. "It was incredible because the view I had, she was running down looking like LeBron James just smacking it (into the stands)."

Reaction Score
What closing speed, and you can see Stewie's expression and body posture shift as she is getting ready to pounce - - kind of like a cheetah closing in for the kill.

Perfect analogy! Cheetah--my favorite big cat. Stewie--my favorite big girl. LOL!

Reaction Score
How long is her stride there?

From the replay, Stewie took exactly 15 strides at the time of "The Swat". A few at the beginning were kind of shortened and she started a little bit away from the end line on the UConn end, so say she traveled 90Ft. That's 6Ft per stride average. Probably those in the middle to end were more like 7-8Ft. Very impressive. And we thought MoJet was fast.

The whole play took 5 seconds per the game clock on the ESPN display. That's 18ft/sec average speed (90Ft/5sec) from a standing start.

Last edited:

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Perfect analogy! Cheetah--my favorite big cat. Stewie--my favorite big girl. LOL!
Cheetah pounce.JPG

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I LOVED her interview. Such a great kid, and a pure upstate New Yorker, accent and all.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As I was watching the game, I was expecting a blocked shot and would have been disappointed if she hasn't gotten it. What surprised me was HOW it went about. I wasn't expecting that play. It was definitely an NPOY kind of play. She simply stands out in WCBB and deserves this award.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I agree, but Chiney's 30/21 game last night may make that pretty tough. The Cardinal DID lose, though.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Okay, I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I was thinking about this. If Breanna had thrown down one or two dunks this season (and she certainly had the opportunities), she would be a lock for POY, IMHO. Is it fair, probably not, but it's plays like dunks that gets the voters attention in WCBB. You can certainly disagree with me about whether she should dunk or not, but I'm just starting a discussion of whether a dunk would get her the recognition she deserves... Just a random thought.

Reaction Score
Her move from the left-hash - finishing with her left hand was spectacular as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom