That Ol' UConn Feeling . . . | The Boneyard

That Ol' UConn Feeling . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How can you not love this team? Or Ollie? If you're a fan? I don't get it. The kids play hard. That's all I ever wanted in a UConn team. Okay, a championship run, sure, but I always have enjoyed the win or die trying teams better than the loaded-to-the-gills let's play down to our competition teams.

This team reminds me of the Henefeld teams, where you knew - - - you just knew they were going to win a particular game, notwithstanding the absolute score at any given moment or whatever momentum the other team had. Today, I just knew, irrationally, to be sure, that the team was going to win. When Rutgers pulled back within a basket in the 2nd half, I actually just kicked back and smiled, waiting for it, because this team just is not going to go away.

Today the team seemed to exert control when it needed to. Every guy on the court put the pedal down at the exact same time, and then it was done. Sure, sure, you won't do that against Syracuse, but it's a great sign that you do it against the teams you are supposed to do it against.

I really, really love this team. They will be a handful for any team next year if everybody returns.

Misc notes - Announcers need to turn off the twitter feed and do some basic research - it's OL-ee, not o-LEE. One announcer, after Shabazz got a rebound, said something to the effect of, "there's a rare rebound, he doesn't get many." Jesus. Shabazz is a rebounding machine for his size and position. Wolf getting better at avoiding ticky tack fouls. Deandre is improving game to game. I for one like him shooting the 3 - he usually is all over it, and doesn't miss by much. Shabazz is an amazing floor general. If Boatright can pull a Kemba by next year and cut the turnovers, UConn could be top 15.

Quoting Sir Chuck Okwandu, "I love this team."

caw

Reaction Score
My favorite from the announcers was when Napoer pulled up for a 15 footer they said thats just like Ollie in his prime (paraphrased). I'm not sure anyone remembers Ollie for jumpshots even in his prime.

Reaction Score
I like the announcer who says "Giffey with the turnover" after Giffey steals the ball. Or "Foul on Calhoun" after Calhoun gets hacked and goes to the line.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My favorite was announcer moment was the quote that UConn was the equal of most of the NCAA programs. I beg your pardon? Over the last fifteen years we've had a unmatched standard of success.

Reaction Score
How can you not love this team? Or Ollie? If you're a fan? I don't get it. The kids play hard. That's all I ever wanted in a UConn team. Okay, a championship run, sure, but I always have enjoyed the win or die trying teams better than the loaded-to-the-gills let's play down to our competition teams.

This team reminds me of the Henefeld teams, where you knew - - - you just knew they were going to win a particular game, notwithstanding the absolute score at any given moment or whatever momentum the other team had. Today, I just knew, irrationally, to be sure, that the team was going to win. When Rutgers pulled back within a basket in the 2nd half, I actually just kicked back and smiled, waiting for it, because this team just is not going to go away.

Today the team seemed to exert control when it needed to. Every guy on the court put the pedal down at the exact same time, and then it was done. Sure, sure, you won't do that against Syracuse, but it's a great sign that you do it against the teams you are supposed to do it against.

I really, really love this team. They will be a handful for any team next year if everybody returns.

Misc notes - Announcers need to turn off the twitter feed and do some basic research - it's OL-ee, not o-LEE. One announcer, after Shabazz got a rebound, said something to the effect of, "there's a rare rebound, he doesn't get many." Jesus. Shabazz is a rebounding machine for his size and position. Wolf getting better at avoiding ticky tack fouls. Deandre is improving game to game. I for one like him shooting the 3 - he usually is all over it, and doesn't miss by much. Shabazz is an amazing floor general. If Boatright can pull a Kemba by next year and cut the turnovers, UConn could be top 15.

Quoting Sir Chuck Okwandu, "I love this team."

The Henefeld team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member