That ol' commitment night glow | The Boneyard

That ol' commitment night glow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JS

Reaction Score
On the eve of a big commitment, I get a pleasant feeling that lasts into the next day.

Check the board. Hmm. Everybody's happy. Peace on earth.

Well, not quite everybody. A little defensive-sounding palaver from a TN fan. Heh. Surprise, surprise.

Watch for the stories to appear on ESPN and elsewhere. Check another board or two to see how it's played. Tum-de-dum.

Take a look at the projected line-ups. Watch the debates over whether UConn will be great forever or just for our lifetimes.

Good to see the welcoming future teammates chime in. Check out the recruit's remarks about the process and her impressions.

Then lie back with that feeling of assurance -- for the future enjoyment of excellent Connecticut basketball -- of celebrations and banners yet to come -- of a pleasure to be extended yet again.

Ah, yes, that familiar commitment night glow. There in the background of whatever else I'm doing of an evening.

Nice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the eve of a big commitment, I get a pleasant feeling that lasts into the next day.

Take a look at the projected line-ups. Watch the debates over whether UConn will be great forever or just for our lifetimes.

Ah, yes, that familiar commitment glow. There in the background of whatever else I'm doing of an evening.

Nice.

How does this compare to the eve of a marital commitment?

JS

Reaction Score
no alcohol?
I get this feeling without it. Rather similar in a way.

But by all means, those who like to indulge in a celebratory libation have a good excuse.

Tomorrow night they can toast something else. Happy Oct. 21st, guys.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So can we just project...?

Chong, Tuck
Ekmark, Edwards, Williams, Nurse, Butler
Collier, Boykin, Samuelson
Dangerfield, ???

To add - I love that she didn't even wait till the weekend was over. I love how talented, quick, and highly rated she is. I love that she sounds like such a great kid with supportive parents and is so well spoken. Not only do I hope she's a sensational player, but I suspect, like most all of UCONN's recruits, that she will be an incredible ambassador for the University, the team, and herself.

I read a quote from an article that it might be hard for UCONN to recruit 2016 because the kids in 2015 are supposed to be so incredible - often it's hard to recruit the class immediately following a blockbuster class preceding it. HOWEVER, Collier, Boykin and Samuelson all play the 3/4. UCONN certainly has room for a 1 and a 5, and even another 4 as we are still thin in the post IMHO.

But like most UCONN fans, I will probably feel the glow for many days, but will get to enjoy it for many years!! :D

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Check the board. Hmm. Everybody's happy. Peace on earth.

Good to see the welcoming future teammates chime in. Check out the recruit's remarks about the process and her impressions.

Then lie back with that feeling of assurance -- for the future enjoyment of excellent Connecticut basketball -- of celebrations and banners yet to come -- of a pleasure to be extended yet again.

Ah, yes, that familiar commitment night glow. There in the background of whatever else I'm doing of an evening.

Nice.

Permit a recollection of a comparable serene feeling of total bliss.

Several years ago, the inimitable Maestro Leonard Bernstein was in Boston for a year to present a special series of lectures at Harvard. While there, he was beseiged by admirers and interviewers. One memorable tv interview was on PBS and he responded to questions from several people. One was a smart-ass young lady who in her most snarky way asked something like, "You obviously love music, so what gives you the biggest buzz?"

He said (very emotionally) that "Aaah! To conduct a world class symphony orchestra in a historic setting, wonderful musicians playing a classic composition, before a large and appreciative audience -- there's no thrill to match it!"

She wouldn't let it go. Follow-up question: "How does that compare with sex?"

Lenny gave her his most condescending and indulgent smile, leaned forward and said: "My dear, aside from the absence of genital stimulation, it IS sex!"

Game, set, match, Lenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger