That classic BCU education | The Boneyard

That classic BCU education

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's proof that BCU went to the ACC for academics. Soar Eagles!

P8100790.jpg

Reaction Score
Lol!

Actually, I think there are a whole lot of sore BC Eagles.

Reaction Score
Actually, I think that is exactly what the eagles are after the beating they took in the ACC in football and basketball this year. This is BJ Raji predicting the future.

Reaction Score
To show how disillusioned bcu fans are about a bcu education, several years ago, during the Flutie years, bcu came to Yale to play a game. Flutie, who wasn't heavily recruited out of HS, said if he didn't go to bcu he would have attended Yale. (he never said he was accepted at Yale)
What cracked me up is he further was quoted in the NH Register as saying he got the best of both worlds at bcu. Big time football, while bcu, academically, is only a 1/2 step behind Yale!!!
Academically, I would say bcu is about 30 steps behind Yale, Harvard, & Princeton.
You have to be realistic Dougie!!!

Reaction Score
I was recently with my daughter at an orientation session at BC. It was quite amusing. Someone from the admissions department spends the bulk of an hour session telling everyone how difficult if not near impossible it is to get into the place and mentions Harvard a whole bunch of times. For most of the people there, that's their introduction into BC. All I could think of is how could an entire institution be so insecure.

In all honesty, the kids were great. But, whomever heads up admissions has not a clue what they are doing. Which would be consistent with the rest of the leadership near as I can tell.

Reaction Score
I was recently with my daughter at an orientation session at BC. It was quite amusing. Someone from the admissions department spends the bulk of an hour session telling everyone how difficult if not near impossible it is to get into the place and mentions Harvard a whole bunch of times. For most of the people there, that's their introduction into BC. All I could think of is how could an entire institution be so insecure.

In all honesty, the kids were great. But, whomever heads up admissions has not a clue what they are doing. Which would be consistent with the rest of the leadership near as I can tell.

Curious, you think so poorly of BC why would you even bring your daughter to an orientation there?

Reaction Score
Hank, trying to change the conversion? You are one sore eagle.

What conversation? Comments on a picture that shows a BC player with a "soar" spelled wrong and attributing it to him and the education he received at BC? Pretty childish in my opinion.

Only reason I commented was to find out why someone who feels so poorly about BC would even attend an orientation with his daughter? Why bother?

Reaction Score
Why do you care? God you're an idiot

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
maybe he was just looking for a chance to miss the toilet and piss on the floor somewhere and he picked bcu? to each his own.

Reaction Score

Are they still doing that? My daughter was recruited there, and was accepted to their honors program. After the honors reception she asked one of the admissions people to tell her how to get to see the coach who recrutited her. the woman told her, there was no way that he would want to talk with her. He was looking for athletes not honors students. LOL! I think that photo might prove her point.

Reaction Score
What conversation? Comments on a picture that shows a BC player with a "soar" spelled wrong and attributing it to him and the education he received at BC? Pretty childish in my opinion.

Only reason I commented was to find out why someone who feels so poorly about BC would even attend an orientation with his daughter? Why bother?

Childish stuff on the internet? Say it ain't so.

Reaction Score

What is childish about it? What do you attribute it to? A great education at BCU?

Reaction Score
What is childish about it? What do you attribute it to? A great education at BCU?

How do you know that he even wrote the text? Maybe "sore" was appropriate as it was referring to his physical state? Obviously everyone here has decided that he wrote this incorrectly and is obviously stupid. I prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt before I throw them under the bus.

Reaction Score
Curious, you think so poorly of BC why would you even bring your daughter to an orientation there?

She was interested in the place and I did not share my feelings with her about BC. I, like many parents, wanted her to make her own assessment about where she wanted to go.

Reaction Score
Obviously Raji isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but not sure why posters are bashing BCU education based off an athlete not being able to spell. It is a fantastic academic school.

Reaction Score
She was interested in the place and I did not share my feelings with her about BC. I, like many parents, wanted her to make her own assessment about where she wanted to go.

Where is she leaning towards? Is she a senior making a final decision or younger and just beginning the process? Does she have any idea what she wants to be when she grows up?

Reaction Score

Kids might find Boston (the city) attractive to continue their education. Obviously BC is a big name in Boston higher education. When ones' daughter has something in her mind it's hard for her dad to say no.
In this particular case it sounds like neither daughter or dad were overly impressed with that BC mentality. Hey, every kid has their own school where they are most comftortable. Whether it's BC or PodunkU it's always best that the student be most comfortable there. Not the dad.

Reaction Score
Kids might find Boston (the city) attractive to continue their education. Obviously BC is a big name in Boston higher education. When ones' daughter has something in her mind it's hard for her dad to say no.
In this particular case it sounds like neither daughter or dad were overly impressed with that BC mentality. Hey, every kid has their own school where they are most comftortable. Whether it's BC or PodunkU it's always best that the student be most comfortable there. Not the dad.

I have three children, none who have attended BC. Two wanted engineering and BC did not offer engineering. The youngest was accepted to BC and Holy Cross. The scholarship he received from Holy Cross made the decision to go there very easy. As his uncle said he passed his first accounting exam!

Reaction Score
How do you know that he even wrote the text? Maybe "sore" was appropriate as it was referring to his physical state? Obviously everyone here has decided that he wrote this incorrectly and is obviously stupid. I prefer to give someone the benefit of the doubt before I throw them under the bus.
Are you implying he went to BCU and can't write, that someone else has to sign for him? That's even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom