That 1st offensive play. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That 1st offensive play.

Reaction Score
Except the most important one, starting QB!
One would think that after 13 games the guy could figure something out to get more than a stat line of 4 turnovers and 160 yds from the star quarterback he recruited, freshmen backup or not. Other schools in the same situation figured it out. Nick is the quarterbacks coach and QB play was horrible all around no matter what age or class status the QB was. He recruited poorly or coached poorly. Either way, QB play like that is not acceptable on a team that expects to win more than not.

Reaction Score
One would think that after 13 games the guy could figure something out to get more than a stat line of 4 turnovers and 160 yds from the star quarterback he recruited, freshmen backup or not. Other schools in the same situation figured it out. Nick is the quarterbacks coach and QB play was horrible all around no matter what age or class status the QB was. He recruited poorly or coached poorly. Either way, QB play like that is not acceptable on a team that expects to win more than not.
Still beating that horse I see.

Reaction Score
They totally controlled their defensive LOS and shut down the running game (other than one reverse) until at 28-0 the game was largely over.
I agree, so why did we continually run straight ahead into that wall. We wasted several downs. It speaks to our ( Charlton’s?) inability to imagine a quick slant over the middle or a myriad of other plays. Zion doesn’t seem to zip through progressions. I think Marshall was good, maybe better, but we would have won that game but for giveaways and bad calls. On to next year.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I mean, after a month of preparation we came out and immediately put us behind the 8 ball by running a conservative play that was also risky. You haven't run option all year. They tried it once pitching to Millen I believe and that was also a turnover. The 2nd turnover was also a conservative call a screen pass.

I really believe coaches sometimes outsmart themselves trying to be too risk averse. The team played better when they took chances.
I thought the halftime guy(Mullen?) made an interesting point in that Turner needed to get to the tacklers outside shoulder. But didn't.

Reaction Score
I thought the halftime guy(Mullen?) made an interesting point in that Turner needed to get to the tacklers outside shoulder. But didn't.
Whatever it was, it looked like absolute dog crap. Poorly executed, hesitant , and coming off the defense creating a turnover on downs was a buzzkill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom