Thanks to the Boneyard and Uconn Basketball | The Boneyard

Thanks to the Boneyard and Uconn Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was born in Kentucky(as close as you can be to Cincinnati, so I usually refer to Cincinnati as my hometown). My dad worked in Connecticut for the first 15 years of my life and his friends up their would send me UCONN gear, so I became a huge Connecticut fan.

One of my first memories in life was the run the '99 team, and my VHS cassette titled "Yes, UCONN". Over the past 15 years, I have followed the team religiously, from Taliek Brown being my favorite player on the '04 squad because I was a point guard and his toughness, to leaving straight from my junior prom to make it to Detroit for the loss against Michigan State.

Unfortunately, in order to save money for my parents I was stuck with going to my "in-state" school, Kentucky. I have carried my UCONN fanhood through my past four years at UK. I was in Houston when we beat UK, and the next two weeks down at school were great for me. Not due to shoving in down my friends and classmates' faces, but due to the fact that I knew I cheered for the best college basketball program of my generation.

Tonight's win was another unbelievable run in crowning us the best team in the country. And I expect the next two weeks of school to be handled like in 2011. People telling me "they got lucky", "UCONN sucks", and "don't ever wear that Uconn championship shirt again." However, I will once again be able to be smug in the fact that I am a fan of the best College Basketball Program of the past 20 years.

I didn't start following the Boneyard until after 2011, but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Especially, 3 and all the other great posters. It is a great time to be a UCONN fan. I may never post again, but will continue to read, and just wanted to thank the board and the team for the UNBELIEVABLE times and joy from the past 15 years for me.

Couldn't me happier my Dad's friends sent me all that UCONN gear. One of the best gifts in life.

#hungryhuskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc