Thank You, Carl Spackler | The Boneyard

Thank You, Carl Spackler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carl Spackler,

Thanks for the illuminating and knowledge packed-posts regarding the history of Northeast/Big East college football. In an era of individuals whose primary concerns are those of microwave results and an over emphasis placed on the gifts of child prodigies; your posts clearly reflect a classic worldliness obtained only through reads, thoughts, sights and experience; intangibles that I’m sure in part were cultivated at a time in history when colleges, particular those in the northeast were more concerned about making history than they were about making money through ESPN sponsored plantation football.

If Big East and its member college officials had your keen sense of regional pride and perspective on northeast football history as they relate to other regions of the country much of the mess and uncertainty we’re in could have been avoided.

Your wisdom is proven and your judgment is sound. And I look forward to more of your tenacious Big East DNA post and the shine and knowledge they bring to the ‘Yard to counter balance the hate toward ESPN and betrayal toward the Big East many of us feel.

Reaction Score
he writes paragraphs that i can only dream of

The man gives historical information and rock solid analysis on the board that creates thought similar to your contribution on recruiting. Wouldn't you agree?

Reaction Score
The man gives historical information and rock solid analysis on the board that creates thought similar to your contribution on recruiting. Wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure he would agree. It was said in jest. People need to lighten up a little.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Actually a dose of optimism is not such a bad thing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

yes i agree, i wasn't going after him at all. its was just a fun comment from me becuase he always has great reads with paragraph thingys and stuff where as i rant things...thats all

Reaction Score
I'm sure he would agree. It was said in jest. People need to lighten up a little.
Ok, Jimmy. You're right. I've been uptight since the backstabbers caused all this mess. My bad.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words uptop and having my back.....;)

Let's all get up from the computer's now, go to the cabinet, pull out the bottle of scotch and pour three fingers........and hope that whatever's going on with JC, well, let's just hope the team is back on track next week and he's jumping around and yelling like usual.

I'm sure the gridiron warrior's are getting tired of only hitting weights at this point.

Spring practice starts in a couple weeks, then they can hit each other and start getting amped up to hit somebody with different colors on come September, and just like last year, we've got a whirlwind coming in the first few weeks of the season.

There's probably a lot of old timers like me that will be amped for the UMass game, and then NC State, and then......taking it on the road to Terp station.

Happy weekend everybody.

Reaction Score
yes i agree, i wasn't going after him at all. its was just a fun comment from me becuase he always has great reads with paragraph thingys and stuff where as i rant things...thats all
OK. My bad. In the gym this morning I had on a UConn shirt with a Big East emblem and a guy with unc stuff on asked me with a smerk how much longer will the Big East survive and what's going happens to UConn? Tough start. My bad, Dan. And thank you for your 5***** reports.

Reaction Score
Comic relief at its best
I'm sorry (apologetic) for my initial response, John Greene. I thought you were an ESPN plant. There's a lot of that going on these days. have a great weekend. My bad.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind words uptop and having my back.....;)

Let's all get up from the computer's now, go to the cabinet, pull out the bottle of scotch and pour three fingers........and hope that whatever's going on with JC, well, let's just hope the team is back on track next week and he's jumping around and yelling like usual.

I'm sure the gridiron warrior's are getting tired of only hitting weights at this point.

Spring practice starts in a couple weeks, then they can hit each other and start getting amped up to hit somebody with different colors on come September, and just like last year, we've got a whirlwind coming in the first few weeks of the season.

There's probably a lot of old timers like me that will be amped for the UMass game, and then NC State, and then......taking it on the road to Terp station.

Happy weekend everybody.
At last something on which we can all agree. I like mine neat.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm sorry (apologetic) for my initial response, John Greene. I thought you were an ESPN plant. There's a lot of that going on these days. have a great weekend. My bad.

Hold on. ESPN is planting posters here?

Reaction Score
ok to take off the hats? that's just what they want you to think

Reaction Score

I think Carl Spackler loves football/UConn football and because of that, the worst thing one could say is that he tends to romanticize his historical information a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom