Texas vs Stanford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Texas vs Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Good game.

Gee Stanford hit 36% vs 49% against us and 26% on 3's vs 50% against us. Tonight they lost to a team that shot 49% (Rounding those numbers off of course).

So TEXAS is #1?? :D

Reaction Score
Steal by Texas. Foul on Stanford

I have said since this game started, TEXAS looks different!!!

Good call. The way Stanford was getting those calls, I was worried about Texas pulling this game out. But they held on and got the "W"

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
All bets are off. The most exciting season since I don't know when. 2000 maybe?
I'm jacked after our game tonight; over 11K in attendance on a night when traffic was in a gridlock in DT Columbia. I ended up parking almost a mile away and walking to the game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can predict what the rankings will look like on Monday and Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Save Stanford fans a lot of writing. Copy and paste the Boneyard threads over the past few days to their fan site. Just change the names.

Reaction Score
I'm jacked after our game tonight; over 11K in attendance on a night when traffic was in a gridlock in DT Columbia. I ended up parking almost a mile away and walking to the game.
I know how you feel. I've been to games at the Arena when traffic was a mess and I had to walk a mile to get there.

Reaction Score
Tara/Stanford always seems to do better when they are not the favorite. I think it has something to do with pressure from expectations. And hey! It's basketball-any given night when teams are close enough in ability.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Just an outstanding effort by two great teams and two terrific coaches as well. These Texas guards go 100 mph the entire game. Things are looking up for the women's game. Really entertaining. UConn should look into a home and home with Texas.

Would be a great idea. Baylor and UT on a Texas swing.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Would be a great idea. Baylor and UT on a Texas swing.

UConn plays SMU and Houston. And Tulsa. So the players could just take a semester-long sabbatical and make it like an NBA road trip. Something like this: Tulane, Houston, Baylor, Texas, SMU, and Tulsa. Memphis on the way home. Or Cincinnati.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
UConn plays SMU and Houston. And Tulsa. So the players could just take a semester-long sabbatical and make it like an NBA road trip. Something like this: Tulane, Houston, Baylor, Texas, SMU, and Tulsa. Memphis on the way home. Or Cincinnati.
Or Tennessee...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Did Texas defend the perimeter or refuse to be drawn out and protected against the drives and cutters. One error I think we made was being drawn out too far to the perimeter. Defend the line an a foot or so but let them take 25' shots.

Reaction Score
I have Directv so I can't get the PAC12 network. So my knowledge of this game was the reporting on this thread. It was a great job. I was on the edge of my seat to find out what happened. Unlike Monday thrilled with the result. I never thought Stanford would lose.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If Texas wins, then all the whiners can stop complaining about UCONN. Parody will have come to the women's game. At least until March.
..ah, outta the mouths of babes ...

lookin' at how some coaches attire themselves (Sylvia, Kim, Andy, Jeff, et al) you can make the argument that this happened a loooong time ago...:rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Is Tennessee on the way home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro