Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 53 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't VCU block him from going to Texas even if they release him from his LOI?
Yeah, but that would be a really thing to do and would be a PR nightmare. Usually transfers only get restrictions.

Reaction Score
Can't VCU block him from going to Texas even if they release him from his LOI?
If they want to. They'll be more likely to block him from joining their biggest rivals (ie teams they'll play a lot the next 3+ years).

I know this may be childish, but it makes me happy that those creepy VCU fans will be so disappointed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's bad form to Smart to spend VCU's money and time recruiting Mack only to take him to another school.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Don't know how college coaches can deal with recruiting rejection. Life is much easier if your dad leaves you an NBA team.

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm all for getting the best available player on the board, and I'd love to be back in the fold with Mack if he reopens his recruiting, but isn't he like third or fourth out of our top four priorities in terms of immediate recruiting needs? He's essentially the same position/skill set as Hamilton, no?

It would be great to have depth at that position, but I still think that a reliable ball-handling one or two remains our number 1 priority, with a quality rebounding big man being 1-A.

That said, whoever of you are on twitter should start tweeting the kid--isn't he the one who said that getting tweets from the VCU fans helped sway his decision?

Oh, and tell him you'd transform his body, too.

Reaction Score
Hamilton won't be at UConn much longer, and it'd be nice to have a sophomore with some experience replacing him instead of a freshman.

Plus, you can recruit for multiple needs at once.

Reaction Score
I have little doubt that Mack would get plenty of burn for us next year. We could certainly use the shooter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hamilton won't be at UConn much longer, and it'd be nice to have a sophomore with some experience replacing him instead of a freshman.

Plus, you can recruit for multiple needs at once.
I get both of those points, but one of the frequent criticisms I've seen here concerning our recent recruiting efforts is that we may have been too schizophrenic and cast too wide a net, finishing among the top three for many top recruits but not closing any of them. There have been questions about how much wasted time, effort and resources we have spent on ultimately futile efforts, and whether it would have been better to focus more on fewer recruits to address our most immediate needs.

I don't think any of us--including our coaching staff--fully appreciated how acute our need would be for another ball handler until we saw how this season played out, but imo that has shifted our priorities for 2015-16.

caw

Reaction Score
I would prefer the final 3 scholarships be filled by quality players. Mack is a quality player so he fits my needs for the team.

I dream of getting Ennis, Miller and Mack, but that's probably pretty far fetched.

Adams, Ennis, Samuel
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Calhoun, Mack
Miller, Facey
Brimah, Enoch, Nolan

But of course, if you only can play those who count as recruits, it would be:

Samuel
??
Nolan
Brimah

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I would prefer the final 3 scholarships be filled by quality players. Mack is a quality player so he fits my needs for the team.

I dream of getting Ennis, Miller and Mack, but that's probably pretty far fetched.

Adams, Ennis, Samuel
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Mack
Miller, Facey
Brimah, Enoch, Nolan

But of course, if you only can play those who count as recruits, it would be:

Samuel
??
Nolan
Brimah

Guest graduated and Samuel is from NYC (which is too close to campus). So we'd have a two-man lineup of Nolan and Brimah.

caw

Reaction Score
Guest graduated and Samuel is from NYC (which is too close to campus). So we'd have a two-man lineup of Nolan and Brimah.

Damn I don't know why I forgot Guest graduated. I eliminated Facey bc he was AAU teammates of Samuel and Calhoun because he went to CTK which is where Sue Bird went.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Are you not familiar with Mr. Adams? He was for sure the one recruit in '15 we had to have.
Good one I probably shouldve specified but JA was locked in.. Im talking about the list of recruits outside of the locks.. Mack is probably right behind Adams as the top recruit I wanted .. Yes over Stone etc etc.. Tevin Mack is underrated and seems like a perfect fit for UCONN.. Jlamb esque and I think Ollie would get the most out of him

Reaction Score
Looking at South Carolina's scholarship situation, it seems they have a logjam, so they don't seem like an option.

Texas and Georgia have room for him.

Reaction Score
Good one I probably shouldve specified but JA was locked in.. Im talking about the list of recruits outside of the locks.. Mack is probably right behind Adams as the top recruit I wanted .. Yes over Stone etc etc.. Tevin Mack is underrated and seems like a perfect fit for UCONN.. Jlamb esque and I think Ollie would get the most out of him

There are no sure "locked-in" recruits these days, just ask Wisc. KO did land the most important recruit we were after in JA. Now he and the staff need to sift through the list of transfers plus any remaining quality recruits and go all out to land one or two to fill out the roster. We still need another ball handler/back-up PG and a post-up, rebounding 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom