Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas) | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack (Committed to Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can one surmise that since, based on recent reports, there is an all about Battle Royale / Tug-of-War, going on between UCONN and vcu for Mack, that we already have word that we are'nt getting Jones (who out of the clear blue sky and all of a sudden is announcing tomorrow)?

As a result of our possible knowledge of Jones going elsewhere, ,that we have doubled-down / intensified our push for Mack.

I have to think that with one spot open for a WF, if we knew we were the choice for Jones tomorrow, that we would take our foot off the gas for Mack (After all only one spot available).

I'm just trying to see if the various info we are getting tells us where we stand with Mack.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that we will strike out on all 3 WFs of: Clarke, Mack and Jones but that we will redeem ourselves and land Stone. This is just my own opinion but in reality I don't know Sh_t or anymore than anyone else on this board. :)

Reaction Score
So our championship teams have typically had 5 top 75 or so players. But there are 13 scholarship players ... so we get 5/13 = 38% highly regarded players. That's on our best teams.

You don't have to get a great player with every scholarship. KO is doing just fine with recruiting.

Oh, I agree... Was trying to illustrate that we won those championships with several "highly regarded players" along with role players and that the attitude that we won with all of these "off the board" guys is totally false.

Reaction Score
More times than not these kids have to regret their decision to not commit to us.
These kids committing to the likes of VCU, Georgia, UNLV(Larry Johnson's not walking through the door) and South Carolina instead of UCONN is really hard to believe. None of these teams have championship run written all over them. Most have out first weekend potential and some NIT potential.

Maybe it comes down to that they don't want to compete for minutes.

One would think that they would want maximum exposure and play for someone who can get them to the league.

You know what if the fire to compete is not there we are better off not getting them.

I guess they would rather be a big fish in the small pond.

Reaction Score
Want to watch the Tevin Mack signing today? OF COURSE YOU DO! We'll have it streaming LIVE on http://on.wltx.com/R4PJNQ!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he's released from the LOI and it's down to us and SC, I don't seem him becoming a Gamecock. According to VerbalCommits, they already have 2 SGs committed as part of their '15 class, one of whom (P.J. Dozier) is ranked higher than Mack is on every major recruiting site. Since playing time is a priority with him, we hold the clear advantage there.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn't he just follow him to Texas? When Buzz Williams left Marquette last year he took a few recruits with him.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Mack is the one recruit I really wanted...I thought he was blue blood since I first saw his game...

Reaction Score
If he's released from the LOI and it's down to us and SC, I don't seem him becoming a Gamecock. According to VerbalCommits, they already have 2 SGs committed as part of their '15 class, one of whom (P.J. Dozier) is ranked higher than Mack is on every major recruiting site. Since playing time is a priority with him, we hold the clear advantage there.

Mack and Dozier were talking about a package. I'd guess he would go to UT or USC.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
@thelonghorns12: VCU's top recruit, Tevin Mack, just started following Kerwin Roach. Interesting.

Here's your first indication of Mack to Texas.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Mack and Dozier were talking about a package. I'd guess he would go to UT or USC.

Well that's a damn shame. Looking at both rosters he'd definitely be riding pine his first year at either school.

Reaction Score
Well that's a damn shame. Looking at both rosters he'd definitely be riding pine his first year at either school.

If Mack is as good as I thought he was, he would place regardless. A 6'5 wing could easily play the 3 with Dozier at the 2. VCU would have trotted him out at the 4 for minutes.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
If Mack is as good as I thought he was, he would place regardless. A 6'5 wing could easily play the 3 with Dozier at the 2. VCU would have trotted him out at the 4 for minutes.

I don't know if he can beat Sindarius Thornwell out for a starting spot there. Very highly touted recruit out of high school who averaged 11 and 5 last year. I'm unsure of how feasible it would be for Mack to replicate that production as a frosh.

Texas is a similar story, with Roach and Davis probably taking the vast majority of minutes at the two-slot, Mack would have to battle with Kendal Yancy at the 3. Whereas if he comes here, I can definitely see an Adams-Purvis-Mack-Hamilton-Brimah starting lineup at some point during the season.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he can beat Sindarius Thornwell out for a starting spot there. Very highly touted recruit out of high school who averaged 11 and 5 last year. I'm unsure of how feasible it would be for Mack to replicate that production as a frosh.

Texas is a similar story, with Roach and Davis probably taking the vast majority of minutes at the two-slot, Mack would have to battle with Kendal Yancy at the 3. Whereas if he comes here, I can definitely see an Adams-Purvis-Mack-Hamilton-Brimah starting lineup at some point during the season.

There is going to be a lot of movement before Mack decides. Let's see what happens. I bet that Texas doesn't have a Roach/Davis incoming backcourt. USC sucks. If Mack wants to play at home, he will get big minutes.

Reaction Score
Can't VCU block him from going to Texas even if they release him from his LOI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom