Terry Larrier @ Nike Academy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier @ Nike Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
they won the gold a few days ago, Diallo and Mo bamba should be in attendance today. Quade green, who also played for usa, was at the camp last night.

They just don't give these kids a break.... Ever. Both New York guys flying in from our of the country right to LA...

Reaction Score
This has been such a surprising bonus for my summer brain that loves the warm weather but wants nothing more than to be watching UConn basketball. I was excited about the guys coming back, excited about the new kids coming in so excited, but completely overlooking this years Ferrari coming out of the garage

Reaction Score
Just a sidenote, tremont waters is the by far the oldest hs player there (19.5)and only a hair younger than brunson and shake milton. Its a bit alarming he would be 21 when suiting up for the first time...

Reaction Score
It's definitely noted and has effected his rankings everywhere. But he also performs like he is older, and if you hold NBA aspirations separate, he'll be a hell of a college player, albeit an old one.

On Larrier, its undoubtedly a positive development that he has looked this good at the academy, but remember that Purvis was always a Ferrari in practices, and we were disappointed is how slowly he developed at first. I think greatly increasing expectations for Larrier isn't the move, plan cautiously and hope to be surprised, rather than expecting the world right away. Live games are definitely a different animal than Evers even such as these.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a sidenote, tremont waters is the by far the oldest hs player there (19.5)and only a hair younger than brunson and shake milton. Its a bit alarming he would be 21 when suiting up for the first time...

I've got a home schooling neighbor who has sent all his kids (6 of them) to college early. The youngest is starting in the fall at age 14. A couple were D1 scholarship athletes (wrestling) at 16. One is finishing his grad exercise science degree at age 19. These kids will be grandparents before Tremont heads to a European league at this rate.

Reaction Score
NBADraft.net has his birthday as 1/10/98, which would make him 18. I'm not sure which age is correct.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
A very overlooked point. This is a major detail but since the guy isn't a likely early NBA entry it wouldn't hurt us, and could potentially help as having an older guy that's eligible for 4 years would be a strength.

Reaction Score
NBADraft.net has his birthday as 1/10/98, which would make him 18. I'm not sure which age is correct.
really? I should note i got the ages from this DX article on measurements.

I'm just a little confused to why he is so old, given all that early reporting on his academic excellence from borges.

Reaction Score
really? I should note i got the ages from this DX article on measurements.

I'm just a little confused to why he is so old, given all that early reporting on his academic excellence from borges.
Yeah, I saw that article as well. I don't have much confidence in the accuracy of either source, so who knows.

Reaction Score
So many of the east coast prep school kids are way older. kinda alarming too he's 19.5 playing against some kids who are still 16. Sure a lot of the prospects are older but still. Hope that age isn't correct.

Reaction Score
Jalen was in the same boat, turned 21 in December of last year. I don't know why in the case of him and MAL they attend prep schools, graduate, and then do another year at a prep school.

Reaction Score
Jalen was in the same boat, turned 21 in December of last year. I don't know why in the case of him and MAL they attend prep schools, graduate, and then do another year at a prep school.
i think Jalen turns 21 this coming year. I mean who knows about the accuracy but DX has him as born in 95, which is still old for a sophmore on no draft radar. Yeah i'm a big proponent of getting to school asap,a guy like kevin huerter is going to school this fall and hasn't turn 18 yet. I'm also aware a lot of times when kids transfer to these prestigious prep schools in NE many credits don't transfer so they often have to repeat a year. So combine the repeated year with the PG year you get an ancient frosh.

Reaction Score
18 is the right answer just go by his youtube video when he was 6 doing all kinds of drills

Reaction Score
No mention of him in that article or Luke Winn's piece.
these guys aren't scouts, lets just hope he gets on a nbadraft net's write up and DX's. Its so tough to gauge what kind of player he will be coming off that redshirt. for Instance, i remember hearing from people up in storrs during 2013/2014 that purvis was destroying and the best player on the team in practice. So i expected a revamped version of rp who turned into a PG, turns out he is best suited as a 2nd or 3rd banana in a 3+D role.

Reaction Score
Waters is 18 years old, turns 19 next January. His jump shot looks great. Would love to see him splash them in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
these guys aren't scouts, lets just hope he gets on a nbadraft net's write up and DX's. Its so tough to gauge what kind of player he will be coming off that redshirt. for Instance, i remember hearing from people up in storrs during 2013/2014 that purvis was destroying and the best player on the team in practice. So i expected a revamped version of rp who turned into a PG, turns out he is best suited as a 2nd or 3rd banana in a 3+D role.

You weren't the only one. There were multiple reports out of practices that Rodney was the best player on the team, even better than Shabazz. It's insane when you look back, but I remember believing it at the time.

Reaction Score
Waters is 18 years old, turns 19 next January. His jump shot looks great. Would love to see him splash them in a Husky uniform.

I want Tremont even more than Hami. Not confident it will happen but Tremont is going to be a killer. An intern who worked with me played with a young Tre in his single year at GFA in Westport and couldn't be higher on him as a person and a player.

Reaction Score
You weren't the only one. There were multiple reports out of practices that Rodney was the best player on the team, even better than Shabazz. It's insane when you look back, but I remember believing it at the time.
you just have to wait in see them in game. honestly it took me a half of ncaab to see purvis was no point guard but more of a defensive spot shooter type. He doesn't have many moves off the bounce or in triple threat, frankly i dont think ive seen him hit a heavy crossover in two years.

this isn't an indictment on rp as much as it is to coaching ; adams, larrier and enoch not taking a serious leap should draw more eyes to the staff on how they do with player development. One thing i'm optimistic about on that end is the hiring of coach killings, he did PD at the dleague level and developed many productive high d1 guys (cummings, decosey, dalton pepper etc).

Reaction Score
you just have to wait in see them in game. honestly it took me a half of ncaab to see purvis was no point guard but more of a defensive spot shooter type. He doesn't have many moves off the bounce or in triple threat, frankly i dont think ive seen him hit a heavy crossover in two years.

this isn't an indictment on rp as much as it is to coaching ; adams, larrier and enoch not taking a serious leap should draw more eyes to the staff on how they do with player development. One thing i'm optimistic about on that end is the hiring of coach killings, he did PD at the dleague level and developed many productive high d1 guys (cummings, decosey, dalton pepper etc).

Rodney has hit several cross over 3's in his career. I think he has a couple good 2 dribble moves out of the triple threat. He just can't initiate under pressure. Hopefully he puts in a lot of work there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom