Tennessee non conference schedule | The Boneyard

Tennessee non conference schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yeah, lighter, but the team's lighter...
Graduated some good talent and got nada in return.
No incoming class...nada, zip, zero.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see Baylor, Texas, Stanford, ND, and about 10 dogs. Isn't that lighter than the historical norm for the LVs?

One of those dogs (VPI) bit them last season.... dont count them out this year with their new coach.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I see Baylor, Texas, Stanford, ND, and about 10 dogs. Isn't that lighter than the historical norm for the LVs?
Seems just a tad lighter but there's enough in there that Holly will find out if her squad is the real deal or not. Or if she is I guess.... idk.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes those are the big games. There are also some quality SEC teams on the schedule.

Reaction Score
Can't wait either...........................oh, yeah, on the other hand, maybe I can wait....................................

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes those are the big games. There are also some quality SEC teams on the schedule.
SC should be very good again. How about Miss State? Who else looks strong in conference?

Reaction Score
Hopefully there will be a little better depth to the SEC this year. I remember the best team getting beat down on its home court during the regular season, and its second best team down 61-12 at half during a tourney game against a mid-major team from the AAC.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You think Kentucky will be better... Do they even have enough players left to be a team?
Yes I think hiring Dunn was a good move. The lack of depth can hurt. I should have said Vanderbilt.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They have Kamera Harris (6-2 Post) coming in this year.

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
We also have Schaquilla Nunn, a 6'3" graduate transfer from Winthrop. Averaged 11.2 ppg and 10.3 rpg in three years.

Regarding the schedule, maybe Cam can shed some light on why the Duke series isn't starting this year? It was mentioned by both Holly & JPM that the teams would be playing, and I was under assumption that contracts were signed. Any idea?

Reaction Score
I think Miss St. Will be good. I think Kentucky will be better.

Kentucky? They have 7 players.

Decent core with 4 returnees that played >20 mins. But the rest ...
One averaged <10 mins last year.
One is a transfer from Cincinnati who was unremarkable there.
One is a non-top 100 frosh.

If they have injuries, or heck even foul problems, they are in trouble.

Reaction Score
Even if they did happen to play each other by some random acts of the universe... it certainly wouldn't be like the old times. That ship has sailed.
Maybe not like old times, but it could be surprisingly competitive: a team with something to prove is a very dangerous thing.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That's a good non-conference schedule for Tennessee... the reality is that Holly has no real idea what team she'll have next season. This schedule allows her to find that out without them being beaten to a pulp every other game and eventually losing confidence/giving up on the season.

The SEC isn't particularly hard to figure out next season, although Tennessee is a wild card, they can be anywhere from elite to just average. They have the talent.. but will it play to it's level. Plus the injuries..

SC will be elite. MSU will be very good. A&M/Tenn/Florida will be good. Vanderbilt/Mizzou/Georgia will be competitive. Kentucky will more than likely take a step back. Georgia is a team on the rise, I think White will get Vanderbilt rolling too eventually.

Reaction Score
Even if they did happen to play each other by some random acts of the universe... it certainly wouldn't be like the old times. That ship has sailed.
THANK GOD!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Should be an interesting year for Tennessee. In theory the lineup should be similar to last year's, sub Nunn for Graves. Nunn did a good job at a weak program, but to expect her to fill Bashaara's shoes is a bit optimistic. There are multiple injury issues--it looks like Carter might be out, no one knows what the deal is the Cooper. Even if those 2 cannot play, Tennessee still has horses to put together a really good team, it will all come down to chemistry and coaching. If players share the ball and bring the intensity they brought vs. Arizona State and Ohio State, Tennessee could be a Final Four squad. If they don't, it could be another 10 loss year. Will they buy into Holly's system? Will her system work? Will the team dynamic be there? We shall see.

I do like the non-conference schedule though. It's definitely not as intimidating as it has been in the past, but there are still some big challenges on there in Texas, Baylor, ND and Stanford. The only game where I think Tennessee has a good chance is against Stanford, but those will all be good barometers for Tennessee to know what it will be like playing against a Final Four caliber team. The SEC should be solid next year and SC will be a huge game, but overall I like the schedule for Tennessee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kentucky? They have 7 players.

Decent core with 4 returnees that played >20 mins. But the rest ...
One averaged <10 mins last year.
One is a transfer from Cincinnati who was unremarkable there.
One is a non-top 100 frosh.

If they have injuries, or heck even foul problems, they are in trouble.
They are raiding the deep talent pool in Cincy? Look out WCBB! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul