Tenn gets pounded | The Boneyard

Tenn gets pounded

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
i figured the up and down Vols would be down against a decent Auburn squad
Tigers up 67-46

Tennessee dominated the 1st quarter, 25-10.
Then Auburn outscored the Vols 49-17 in quarters 2 and 3.
The masses on VolNation are beyond restless.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Mercedes is 8-10 with 20 points but DD has 7 turnovers and Reynolds has 5

I think Mercedes scored almost all those points in the first half. Auburn has no interior size to counter her.

I've been switching around between games, but apparently Auburn flipped the script through their full-court pressure, and Middleton and DeShields coughed up a lot of turnovers.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
latest

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Wow, the LVs lose badly. Can't say I saw that coming. Tennessee will remain well outside the Top 25.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I turned it off...what was it 14- nothing
Figured UTenn was back.
They're back all right
A real piece of work this team is.
They don't play unless you're top-15
if not, they revert to the garbage they displayed tonight.
bottom of the SEC left hand column, right up their with Georgia, Mississippi and Alabama.
Some really, really smart voters didn't put them in the top-25 after the ND debacle.
I know I was ready to
They knew a whole lot more than me

Reaction Score
Well I do not think this was a "trap" game.... I believe that on We Back Pat week at home, and Kara Lawson and Candice Parker in the house, the LVs actually hustled and showed heart..... tonight they showed nothing..... exposed them for what they are.... a hollow shell of what they should be... it is sad.

Reaction Score
How do they go from beating ND to losing (solidly) to an unranked team???

Very simple. They are a very erratic team, as they have been for several years. That's why they can have record losses last year but then make the elite 8.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I just dislocated my shoulder attempting to pat myself on the back for predicting that Tenn would squeak out a victory over ND and then lose to the next unranked team they played. The Vols are truly incredible, and not in a good way..:oops:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I just dislocated my shoulder attempting to pat myself on the back for predicting that Tenn would squeak out a victory over ND and then lose to the next unranked team they played. The Vols are truly incredible, and not in a good way..:oops:
Can you imagine what it's like to review game tape with this team? It has to be infuriating. I'm not a TN fan by any means but it drives me freaking nuts. I simply cannot figure it out. It bothers me to see any team play that poorly because I love the sport so much. I do not get embarrassed but I feel embarrassed for them for some of these performances I've seen. My goodness.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow, the LVs lose badly. Can't say I saw that coming. Tennessee will remain well outside the Top 25.
Not just out of the top 25, but possibly also not receiving votes. Even after the ND win, they were ranked 29 with only 7 teams behind them. The ND win pushed them up to 29. Tenn plays Vandy on Sunday so they have another shot at a win. Vandy is in last place in the SEC so they really should win that game easily. Still, doubtful they push up in the rankings.

Reaction Score
I think it is fair to say also that the HC does not demand much from her players.... it is more like a fun summer camp. Why hasn't she ever met bad play and bad attitude with sitting players down, getting in their face, and demanding that they maintain good attitude and show pride, hustle, and spirit.....

I have never seen Holly demand these things from her players.....

Plebe

Reaction Score

Aside from the obvious answer of Tennessee's wild inconsistency, in fairness to both teams it should be noted that Auburn isn't that distinguishable from other teams polling near the bottom of the top 25. They lost in OT to Virginia Tech and a close 5-point game at Kansas State. This is probably their biggest win so far, but Auburn was already a projected NCAA tournament team.

Also, this result is great news for Tulane, which has a nonconference win over Auburn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't know if you saw the Notre Dame game or not. I watched it and it seemed obvious that Notre Dame beat Notre Dame. Tennessee, more or less, stood around and watched unless they were bumping into each other while attempting to play defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom