Ten Blocks 8 steals | The Boneyard

Ten Blocks 8 steals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ten Block and eight steals help off set the huge rebounding deficiency. I was afraid the three front end misses of 1 and 1 would come back and bite us. We survived and move on to Sunday.

Team shot the ball very well tonight. 50% from the field and 9-17 from long distance. Defense was also VG. Just need to rebound better. Back to the rebounding drills!!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
50% shooting helped as well. What a weird statistical game. Providence shot 34% but took 39 free throws and made 82% of them. UConn had only 11 turnovers to Providence's 17.

Reaction Score
Ten Block and eight steals help off set the huge rebounding deficiency. I was afraid the three front end misses of 1 and 1 would come back and bite us. We survived and move on to Sunday.

Yeah, we left points on the board in regulation, and we are a good free throw shooting team.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Yeah, we left points on the board in regulation, and we are a good free throw shooting team.

Agreed that the 1 and 1s in the first half were key and that we left lots of points on the board.

Also, we are very thin at the 1/2 despite having great starters in Bazz/Boat. But if one has a bad game, gets hurt, or sits due to fouls, we get very thin there very quickly. Evans is not a BE caliber talent.

After Olander/Wolf fouled out, I actually liked having Calhoun/Neils/Deandre in there with Bazz and Boat. That does leave us at somewhat of a deficieny at rebounding, but TO cant rebound anyway. Olander has been bad lately. How do you NOT get a SINGLE board yet foul out? PC's frontline isn't exactly formitable either.

In the end, its a W on the road in the BE. Ill take it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Obviously those are the stats that explain the win! I would have to say RB's knee was impacting his game. He almost looked to be going at normal speed instead of hyperdrive both on the offensive and defensive end. Council coming in was part of the reason for the run. But the injury to Ryan was just after UConn went up by 15. That injury impacted the game as much as Council!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom