Temple Should Be At The Top of The List for Big 12 Expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple Should Be At The Top of The List for Big 12 Expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score
The only people who might refer to Philly as "the sixth borough" with a straight face might be real estate agents trying to sell it to Brooklyn professionals. If you're from the area you understand how little New York influences Philly, despite it being a relatively quick train ride away. (Seriously take the train to New York, don't drive, Amtrak really doesn't crash that often.)

I wish realignment really was all about markets, because Philly is a definite underdeveloped college sports market and Temple is the only football game in town. But as UConn fans know, they change the rules every time realignment happens. One minute it's markets, the next it's Florida State likes Papa John's.

Reaction Score
There have been two fatal crashes on the Northeast Corridor, I believe both leaving Philly, in the last year, but, hey, I guess that's "not that much".
I am a transplant to the area and agree that the only NY influence is hatred of the Giants, Rangers, or Mets. I've never heard this. Ever. They do have a crappy accent, but you could probably figure out what they were saying. That Philly is the 6th borough of NY is the same sort of fiction as "Rocky".
Right now, the Eagles are so bad, this is all the poor city has. They've glommed onto Villanova and will milk this until maybe, just maybe the Eagles make a run. You could make a crack about CT and the Huskies, but UConn has no other sports; Philadelphia has all of the major sports. They would claim to be the 6th Borough if it got them a sniff at a championship or P5 glory because their sports team suck so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom