Temple coming | The Boneyard

Temple coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are they going to do with the $8 million saved?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Here's a question; The BE doesnt take partial qualifiers, is Dobbs still eligible?

I have a feeling they will grand-father in any players coming in next year (have to wonder if Dobbs knew this and was part of the reason for the switch from Marshall to Temple). After that, I am sure they will have to comply with BE qualifying rules.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling they will grand-father in any players coming in next year (have to wonder if Dobbs knew this and was part of the reason for the switch from Marshall to Temple). After that, I am sure they will have to comply with BE qualifying rules.

There may be something to your thought USG! I recall reading that several of the Temple recruits last year were saying that they were told Temple was going to be joining the BE. Now who knows what information was actually known at the time. However, if you're Dobbs, and that is a possibility, why not take the chance?? Worst case is he's in the MAC, best case is he's in the conference, if not the school, of his dreams!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Awesome. Can't wait to see their billboard in Times Square.....

Billboard? Pffft.

I'd rather see Bill Cosby hanging out at Times Square instead - telling funny TU fb stories from when he played - with some Hall n' Oates tunes blaring in the background. Oh heck, just bring Hall n' Oates down there, too.

Let the world REALLY know that Temple's in the house...

Reaction Score
Bill Cosby spoke at my commencement. Bill Cosby is a big-time "nationalist". No joke.

Reaction Score
Saddest thing is knowing two UConn fans who are legitimately excited for that.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. While I think Jimmy was being sarcastic I for one could care less if CCSU joins the Big East.

All our guys can do is line up and play. Just win baby.

When Temple, Boise, SMU, SDSU, Houston and Navy comes to town I will be excited, hoarse from yelling and hopefully celebrating a win.

You see.....I can't do a damn thing about who we play. Why would I moan about it and ruin the greatest time I've ever had....every UConn football game I've ever attended.

Except the 2009 loss in the last seconds to RU when we were remembering Jazz. Still hurts.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. While I think Jimmy was being sarcastic I for one could care less if CCSU joins the Big East.

When Temple, Boise, SMU, SDSU, Houston and Navy comes to town I will be excited, hoarse from yelling and hopefully celebrating a win.

You see.....I can't do a damn thing about who we play. Why would I moan about it and ruin the greatest time I've ever had....every UConn football game I've ever attended.

Except the 2009 loss in the last seconds to RU when we were remembering Jazz. Still hurts.

Well said, Sportsart! Well said! And that 2009 game still burns my too...

Reaction Score
Wow, Sportsart, that was actually a pretty compelling statement. And I agree totally with your sentiment. Let's play the hand we've been dealt-- with enthusiasm---until Suasan leads us to the promised land.

Reaction Score

That's a very healthy outlook and I admire and share your passion for UConn football. Youre a great fan. Unfortunately for me I have a few unhealthy habits, like posting on the Boneyard at 7 AM on a Saturday morning.

I only want what's best for my alma mater and the football program I love. I want the stadium expanded and 50k plus screaming fans every game. Memphis and Temple ain't getting us there. That's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score

I completely agree with everything you just sad. And that loss to RU was one of the toughest to watch ever.

Reaction Score
Much like Gettysburg was the "highwater mark" for the Confederacy (also the beginning of the end) so was the 2010 season's Fiesta Bowl appearance for UConn. Since that time, it has been all downhill for the UConn program. Just like Yale alums can say that the Bulldogs were once a natinally ranked power, so too can UConn fans says that they once had a legitimate "big time program". Just no more, not for the foreseeable future, sans an invite from the ACC. The BE is now = to the MAC.

Reaction Score
Much like Gettysburg was the "highwater mark" for the Confederacy (also the beginning of the end) so was the 2010 season's Fiesta Bowl appearance for UConn. Since that time, it has been all downhill for the UConn program. Just like Yale alums can say that the Bulldogs were once a natinally ranked power, so too can UConn fans says that they once had a legitimate "big time program". Just no more, not for the foreseeable future, sans an invite from the ACC. The BE is now = to the MAC.

LMAO. Talk about wanting it both ways. Now you are saying that 2010 was a high water mark? You shrugged it off as nothing at the time.

Both Utah and Boise State accomplished much more than we did over the last decade, and were much more "big time" than we were, despite not being members in a BCS league. I am not saying the future guaranteed to be rosy, but the apocalypse isn't upon us (yet) either.

Reaction Score

I wish i press dislike on a post

Reaction Score

Palatine is Mary Poppins compared to you.

Reaction Score
I hope that if we ever get an ACC offer , we decline!!! I think the new Big East will eventually be better. ACC on decline. No use associating with a sinking boat.

Reaction Score
I hope that if we ever get an ACC offer , we decline!!! I think the new Big East will eventually be better. ACC on decline. No use associating with a sinking boat.

I'm speechless.

Reaction Score

I'm guessing you are being sarcastic.

Though if Boise and Houston could keep going strong and if someone else could become a top 25 team the ACC would not be a better conference.

Unfortunately there are too many if's and in college FB perception is everything. The Big East is perceived as being weak and always will be.

To be honest, if the Big East gets a shot at the big bowl games post AQ, I'd rather stay put and help build something.

Again probably way too many if's.

Reaction Score
If doomsday occurred and the big east is swallowed up. Is the acc or big 12 the next one to go down.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing you are being sarcastic.

Though if Boise and Houston could keep going strong and if someone else could become a top 25 team the ACC would not be a better conference.

Unfortunately there are too many if's and in college FB perception is everything. The Big East is perceived as being weak and always will be.

To be honest, if the Big East gets a shot at the big bowl games post AQ, I'd rather stay put and help build something.

Again probably way too many if's.
Honestly I am not. ACC is a downer and will continue to spiral down. I think that we have a chance to take a big leap with the new conference.

So I maintain. Basketball has not suffered and may actually have improved. Football has not suffered and would get worse in the ACC. We end up like BC. Not for me.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If doomsday occurred and the big east is swallowed up. Is the acc or big 12 the next one to go down.

That depends (what a great answer, huh?). To me, if Texas and Oklahoma stay in the Big12 (and I think they will, rather than go to the Pac16), then the Big12 is more stable than the ACC. The only way the Big12 falls apart now is if the Pac-12 eventually makes a tv deal with Texas and sweetens the pot for OU. Otherwise, the ACC has teams that are under poaching threat as we speak; some of them rumored to be threatened by the Big12! I guess we'll see when all the chips fall...

Reaction Score
The ACC's future is a lot brighter than the Big East's. What part of that is difficult to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom