TeJay within seconds of Spatacus, Wiggo destroys field. | The Boneyard

TeJay within seconds of Spatacus, Wiggo destroys field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huge step toward Paris by Wiggins. Put 1:53 on Evans today.

Looks like Froome and the young American will have their own teams in a couple of years.

Reaction Score
I certainly don't mean to be a d!ckhead about this but........isn't there an OT board for this?

Reaction Score
I certainly don't mean to be a d!ckhead about this but........isn't there an OT board for this?
I think most of the tour fans are here.

Not like the football board is chewing up so much bandwidth this will slow it down.

Reaction Score
If understanding the topic were a requirement for this board it would be empty.

Reaction Score
Huge step toward Paris by Wiggins. Put 1:53 on Evans today.

Looks like Froome and the young American will have their own teams in a couple of years.

This Tour is over barring a disaster for Wiggo. Wiggo and Cadel are both defensive riders and Cadel rarely attacks. This is like Edsall coaching against himself.. (no after you, no I insist, after you sir).

The only hope Cadel has is if rains really bad on a mountain stage with some tough descents. Cadel could put some time on Wiggo that way, but he will lose it on the last long time trial. Stick a fork in this one.

Hopefully we will see some nice breakaways this week. Hopefully with a Dave Zabriskie or a Cancellara.

Reaction Score
I would love to see TeJay get a mountain stage. Or Horner.

On the flats, be nice to see TF turn his tour around. I fully expect Cavendish to take another sprint and to win the sprint in Paris.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Splain Lucy splain man I'm lost!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
"Wiggo destroys field"

I assumed this was some 3rd rate soccer team tearing up the turf at The Rent!

Reaction Score
This Tour is over barring a disaster for Wiggo. Wiggo and Cadel are both defensive riders and Cadel rarely attacks. This is like Edsall coaching against himself.. (no after you, no I insist, after you sir).

I know zippo abour cycling. But am I the only one who sees the irony in Wisky attacking our former coach by comparing him to the guys who are going to win? As opposed to the guys who are going to lose?

And, in the Wonderland world that is the Boneyard, to some this will be me having brought Edsall into a thread having nothing to do with him.

Reaction Score
I know zippo abour cycling. But am I the only one who sees the irony in Wisky attacking our former coach by comparing him to the guys who are going to win? As opposed to the guys who are going to lose?

And, in the Wonderland world that is the Boneyard, to some this will be me having brought Edsall into a thread having nothing to do with him.

There is no irony when you consider the overall weakness of the field due to injuries, suspensions.

You mean you didn't think that was funny? Wiggins and Evans have pretty boring defensive styles. Evans is going to have to attack early and often now.

Reaction Score
I've seen Evans attack before. Never Wiggo though.

Today is a rest day. Could help some guys. Naboli is hanging around. If someone gets in trouble, he could surprise.

Reaction Score
There is no irony when you consider the overall weakness of the field due to injuries, suspensions.

You mean you didn't think that was funny? Wiggins and Evans have pretty boring defensive styles. Evans is going to have to attack early and often now.

I don't know enough about cycling to know whether it was funny or not. I have no problem taking your word for it that it was.

On the other hand, if you're asking me if I get sick of seeing those jokes on the board when i can't talk about P without people thinking it's all about Edsall -- yup.

Reaction Score
I've seen Evans attack before. Never Wiggo though.

Today is a rest day. Could help some guys. Naboli is hanging around. If someone gets in trouble, he could surprise.

Thats because Wiggins is a math equation on a bike.

When Cadel won the World Championships he attacked courageously. I wishe he rode like that more often.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cadel has tried to attack and will attack a few more times. Just has to hope that one of the times it works and UK Postal, I mean Sky, is having a bad day and can't cover it. His best hope might be that one of the Euskatel or Movistar riders going for a stage win in the mountains can drag him up the hill faster than Wiggo.

Reaction Score
Today's stage is looking pretty good right now. A huge breakaway, Voekler on the attack. Cadel hasn't tried anything yet.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Kimmage disappointed in Wiggins and Team Sky over transparency

Wiggo was talking about this guy:
AspqjJzCMAApw7f_normal.jpg
BigTex GoingtoJail@Digger_forum
Who needs the Tour when you have idiotic behaviour like this from Wiggins and lance. Better than any HBO.
If you scroll through his feed (80% is related to Lance) he raises suspicions of Team Sky, and wiggo's performance... I suppose it's more probable that Wiggo is just being a because of the pressure to win it all, but it sucks either way.

Reaction Score
Those twitter feeds are hilarious. A lot of them were actually created by Floyd Landis and he has been right every step of the way.

Kimmage disappointed in Wiggins and Team Sky over transparency

Wiggo was talking about this guy:

If you scroll through his feed (80% is related to Lance) he raises suspicions of Team Sky, and wiggo's performance... I suppose it's more probable that Wiggo is just being a because of the pressure to win it all, but it sucks either way.

Reaction Score
Blah, blah blah.

It's gotten to the point where if someone rides well, these guys will cut him to pieces. There is nothing in that article that comes close to being on solid ground.

If you have something that resembles evidence, great, let's see it. These guys have to write about something. So we get this non-article article.

I still think that Floyd Landis' breakaway, the one he where tested for excess testosterone was one of the greatest performances I have ever seen. Just freakin amazing. Even if he was juiced. So I guess, bottom line, I don't care

Reaction Score
Palatine,

The entire US Postal squad, or at least the riders worth mentioning have all either tested positive or confessed. Sort of like the real estate market in the early 2000s, US Postal was an illusion, but they were an entertaining one at that. Now UK Postal is doing the same thing. Everytime some of these riders who could never really climb, suddenly become world beating climbers it's always due to something illegal. Wiggo used to hang in the Gruppetto with the Sprinters not even five years ago. Mick Rogers was dropping dudes like Ivan Basso and Levi, we've seen this movie before!

Tactically Landis' ride it was perfect, he bonked the day prior, usually the day after a bonk you can come back and the rest of the peloton was not in the mood to ride hard. I don't think the dope was the deciding factor. Timing and pouring countless bottles of cold water on himself probably was. But Floyd and Dr. Allen Lim were definitely up to no good in those super secret mountain training camps they were on.

Reaction Score
Sky isn't as strong as the old Postal teams. Froome is unreal. But the rest of those dudes are riding half stages for Wiggo. They blew apart today. If they're doping, they need to do it better.

The good move was not burning themselves out for Cavendish. They still had some gas in the tank. I feel a little sorry for Mark, with a little help he has another stage or two. But the team is build for Wiggins. Wonder why Cavendish joined?

BTW, TeJay looked like the GC contender today. He pulled Evans up the last climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom