Technical question | The Boneyard

Technical question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just received an offer to watch 20 women's games on my computer for $59.95 through the Alumni Association. They are being streamed by SNY. I am very tempted to sign up for this since we have Cox Cable out her in San Diego and I rarely get to see the women's games. Does any one know if I would be able to direct this to my TV through my Blue Ray player? I watch Netflix movies and listen to Pandora radio that way.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
That depends on your particular Blu-ray device. If it has a web browser capability, probably yes.

Alternatively, you can almost certainly connect a laptop to the TV if you have an internet connection (wired or wi-fi) available where the TV is. It's a rare modern TV that doesn't have a PC video port.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
It really depends on the Blu-Ray player. I can through mine, but it has a full internet browser. Does Cox not carry SNY?

Reaction Score
That depends on your particular Blu-ray device. If it has a web browser capability, probably yes.

Alternatively, you can almost certainly connect a laptop to the TV if you have an internet connection (wired or wi-fi) available where the TV is. It's a rare modern TV that doesn't have a PC video port.
I don't think that my Blu-ray can browse. Do you have to sign up for a service to make that happen? Alas, I don't have a laptop.

Reaction Score
It really depends on the Blu-Ray player. I can through mine, but it has a full internet browser. Does Cox not carry SNY?
Good point. I should check with Cox.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
But, but...I can sign up with SNY here in Indianer and watch on my laptop, right? I have a lapt but no cable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
But, but...I can sign up with SNY here in Indianer and watch on my laptop, right? I have a lapt but no cable.
Or watch on your TV (presumably). I watch a lot of ESPN3 stuff on my TV (like the bigger screen) by connecting an HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. Anything you can get on your laptop you can put on your TV.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I don't think that my Blu-ray can browse. Do you have to sign up for a service to make that happen? Alas, I don't have a laptop.

It doesn't have to be a laptop. You can connect it to your desktop machine. And, depending on the age of your eyes and what you use your computer for, you might find an HDTV a much better option than a monitor. All you need in order to compute from your couch or easy chair is a wireless keyboard and mouse and a TV tray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom