Team USA Czech-mates EuroLeague Champs, box score, quotes... | The Boneyard

Team USA Czech-mates EuroLeague Champs, box score, quotes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Team USA Czech-mates EuroLeague Champs 85-53. Without DT, Maya, Nneka and Tamika. And so little practice time. Yikes!! Good quotes, box score, photos. Parker double-double; she and Delle Donne have been pretty unstoppable. Stewie 10 pts,6 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block in just 14 minutes. Good job, Stewie.

http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2015/10/quotes-usa-wnt-vs-usk-prague.aspx

Reaction Score
How fantastic (and a bit ironic) to hear EDD offer her highest praise of Geno yesterday:

“There are so many great coaches out there but there aren’t always great teachers,” she said, “and that’s something that’s always struck me about him -- how great he is at getting his point across, and just continuing to teach. We’re all pros and we’ve heard so many different things. But he kind of explains things in a different way. And it’s been great. I feel like he’s the sun and I’m just trying to soak in all that knowledge. It’s been fun.
I’m thrilled that I’m able to have him as my coach right now.”

Love it. I doubt anybody ever called Coach "the sun" before. :)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will definitely be interesting to see the makeup of the Rio Team.

Thinking there will be four UConn Alumni on the team. DT, Sue Bird, Maya Moore and Tina Charles. Don't see Stewie making the team. That leaves Eight Roster spots to fill

I'm thinking Griner, Parker, & EDD are automatic selections if not injured. Angel played well in the exhibition games, so she may be a lock as well.

If I'm team USA, I'm looking for a player that has a dominant inside game and can score garbage points on missed shots and play a physical game.

Who knows who the other guards are going to be. Have to think Diggins or Sims will make the roster if not both of them.

The only reason I don't have Stewie making the team is if I'm going to take a development player for future Olympics, its going to be a guard. If the Olympics were held in the November/December time period and Stewie had a monster WNBA season then I might have a different thought process. I think the 12 players that make up the USA Sr team will be players that were on a WNBA Roster this year.

Reaction Score
Will definitely be interesting to see the makeup of the Rio Team.

Thinking there will be four UConn Alumni on the team. DT, Sue Bird, Maya Moore and Tina Charles. Don't see Stewie making the team. That leaves Eight Roster spots to fill

I'm thinking Griner, Parker, & EDD are automatic selections if not injured. Angel played well in the exhibition games, so she may be a lock as well.

If I'm team USA, I'm looking for a player that has a dominant inside game and can score garbage points on missed shots and play a physical game.

Who knows who the other guards are going to be. Have to think Diggins or Sims will make the roster if not both of them.

The only reason I don't have Stewie making the team is if I'm going to take a development player for future Olympics, its going to be a guard. If the Olympics were held in the November/December time period and Stewie had a monster WNBA season then I might have a different thought process. I think the 12 players that make up the USA Sr team will be players that were on a WNBA Roster this year.

While I don't disagree with your rationale for Stewart not being on the team, if you look at the names running USA basketball, it's dominated by WNBA officials. The Olympics are a showcase to them and they will want to promote Stewart as much as possible so she may end up on the team due to a business decision.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Stewart will be on the team. She's the future star for the league, especially if she wins a fourth NC. She'll be a household name. The US will have the deepest team and could fill the 8th-12th spots with pretty much anyone and still win, so they'll definitely bring someone like Stewie who brings name recognition from the NCAA tournament, which will have just ended, and being the #1 WNBA draft pick. Mark my words!

Reaction Score
During this game, the Prague center Kia Vaughan must have reflected on what might have happened had she chosen UCONN.

Reaction Score
During this game, the Prague center Kia Vaughan must have reflected on what might have happened had she chosen UCONN.
You mean Kia Vaughn ?

Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game Saturday but based on the box score Parker had a tremendous game with 10 points and 11 rebounds. She had 7 TOs, which was probably her only downside for the day.

Angel also played some quality ball in this game, it appears, as well as for the overall tour.

Odd to see Griner as the leader in assists, and more assists than blocks. The three PGs had 4 assists combined. I am not sure how they could have so few assists with this much talent surrounding them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't understand this need to correct spelling errors. The spelling of the name is completely irrelevant in this post.
I don't particularly like the grammar Nazi's, BUT..... when it comes to people's names, well that's always one of the most important things to them. So corrections there, I can understand.

Reaction Score
I don't particularly like the grammar Nazi's, BUT..... when it comes to people's names, well that's always one of the most important things to them. So corrections there, I can understand.
The post is about a person Kia Vaughan. I don't know her, hence I googled and could not find her. I raised the question because Google suggested it should be "Kia Vaughn",
No offense, just curious who is the girl, peace~~~~

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I feel pretty certain that Kia Vaughn is not reading this thread. Now, if this were a New York Times article I could see the importance of getting the name correct. If someone misspells a UCONN player's name on the BY I could understand the correction, but not this one. It is nothing other than nit picking with no value.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game Saturday but based on the box score Parker had a tremendous game with 10 points and 11 rebounds. She had 7 TOs, which was probably her only downside for the day.

Angel also played some quality ball in this game, it appears, as well as for the overall tour.

Odd to see Griner as the leader in assists, and more assists than blocks. The three PGs had 4 assists combined. I am not sure how they could have so few assists with this much talent surrounding them.
There has been a lot of high low passing on this tour so many of the sequences have gone guard, forward/center, forward/center so the forwards and centers have been getting the majority of assists through all the games. With less than stellar outside shooting, and the focus on getting the ball inside, the guards didn't get many assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom