Team isn't as bad as we assume.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team isn't as bad as we assume..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, we'll find out soon enough. My guess is that unless PP and Deleone change their offensive tactics, this board will be right back at it on Saturday. Of course, maybe they were playing it "close to the vest" with the playbook in the first five games. . . ;)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Well, we'll find out soon enough. My guess is that unless PP and Deleone change their offensive tactics, this board will be right back at it on Saturday. Of course, maybe they were playing it "close to the vest" with the playbook in the first five games. . . ;)

In jest or not, I don't know why folks continue to say this. Okay, we played UMass with a brand new QB and a size/talent advantage that you read about. Fine, we could have probably beat them with Johnny Mac at QB and me at Middle Linebacker. But this is not the NFL, and the first 5 games of the season count towards a bowl bid. It is also not a reason to not hang 50+ on UMass. In fact a new QB is the xact reason why I do throw it all over the airfield. After that game, I don't understand why UConn around with a vanilla offense if it was clearly not working? I understand that if you lose the turnover battle you tend not to win games. You know what will definitely make you not win games? Not scoring more points than the other team.

Reaction Score
anyone who thinks we were 'hiding stuff' or just 'going vanilla' is delusional. if our QB could throw better and more accurately he would regardless of the play, if our line could block better and open up more holes they would, regardless of the play.

sure they might call some different plays here or there, but the talent we have is the same talent that was there in the first few weeks, if anyone is expecting Peyton and Marshall Faulk to march out there next week they aren't living in reality.

Reaction Score
The o-line has to win the line of scrimmage for a chance of winning this game. I'm looking forward to a big play by both Williams's since they play their best vs RU. Seems to me that Whitmer is getting more confident and control of the game. Keep the chains moving and control the ball. Big plus is Whitmer has won on the road, let's see what he does in BE play.

Reaction Score
The one thing that scares me (besides Deleone) is how are we going to score week to week?

Now Whitmer has looked better. So that makes me optimistic BUT

You could tell me we are going to score 10 points in any of the BE games and I couldn't disagree.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
If we play not to Lose, we will lose, if we play to win we should be competitive.

Reaction Score
The one thing that scares me (besides Deleone) is how are we going to score week to week?

Now Whitmer has looked better. So that makes me optimistic BUT

You could tell me we are going to score 10 points in any of the BE games and I couldn't disagree.
I don't know. We haven't scored 50, but we've scored 37, 10, 24, 24, 24. Only the UMass game had point put up by other than the offense. So I'm not so sure scoring is a huge issue. I do think our inability to score when we have a short field is a concern, but to a degree that is a problem with play selection (last weeks run inside, run inside, short pass is exhibit A) rather rather than ability to move the ball. We did something similar against Maryland as I recall when we had a shoprt field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom