Tarik Black | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tarik Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And yet another CT football player without D1 talent.

There's a lot of talent in CT. Some of our best players in program history have been from CT. The problem is when you have a guy like PP who just snatched up every single Connecticut recruit he could find. There are a lot more 2* and unranked gems who don't even know what football camps are than 3* CT kids who go to camps and such to get their rankings. Then you have the higher tiers like Tarik who I can't blame at all for leaving the state.

Reaction Score
My post was pure sarcasm directed at those who claim CT and New England does not produce D1 level football talent.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
My post was pure sarcasm directed at those who claim CT and New England does not produce D1 level football talent.
There is some D1 talent - some.

This is an 8th grader with an offer - no one knows if he is a D1 talent and we would need to define talent. To me, making a team is not necessarily 'talent'.
There are D1 players that never see the field. Would you consider that talent? If so then there is a plethora of D1 talent.

Here is the list of CT FB recruits from 2012
Connecticut’s humble National Signing Day list, 2012

Casey D1 talent - yeah
Tyler - yes.

http:// /Season/2016-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?State=CT
Players to watch in coming years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Except from unlinkable article ;)

>>“It will probably be a big-time battle between Stanford and Notre Dame,” Black said.

“Notre Dame a little bit closer to home. My parents will be able to see more games. The coaching staff they put out receivers and the pass the ball a lot and I fit good in their offense.

“Stanford you can’t beat their education. Notre Dame has a great education as well but Stanford has a great degree and everyone knows what you can get out of Stanford degree. I could also go there and possibly play right away looking at their roster.”

He plans to announce his decision in January at the Army Bowl but says he’ll likely give a silent before then. He visits Alabama, Auburn and Georgia in July.<<

C

Chief00

This post will probably get me in trouble. Quite frankly, I love SEC Football and have friends at a couple of those schools. However, if a young man has any more than just a cursory interest in academics the program is not for them. Again, I don't have a problem with that - and if they stay 4-5 years they will most likely graduate - but they won't learn much or be challenged in the classroom. It is what it is - and this doesn't mean they are bad academic schools - but as a football player you won't experience that - just the program designed to keep them in school for their football career and hand then a piece of paper called a diploma after that in case they don't make the NFL.

Reaction Score
This post will probably get me in trouble. Quite frankly, I love SEC Football and have friends at a couple of those schools. However, if a young man has any more than just a cursory interest in academics the program is not for them. Again, I don't have a problem with that - and if they stay 4-5 years they will most likely graduate - but they won't learn much or be challenged in the classroom. It is what it is - and this doesn't mean they are bad academic schools - but as a football player you won't experience that - just the program designed to keep them in school for their football career and hand then a piece of paper called a diploma after that in case they don't make the NFL.

Personally, if UConn weren't playing Division 1 football I couldn't give a rat's about college football. I think the same would go for basketball. I think I'm just a UConn fan. So if UConn is eventually boxed out of competing at the highest level I don't think I would even follow any college sports any longer. In the same vein since there is no "local" pro team I don't care about any pro sport. I've dropped all the sports channels, I won't put a penny into the account of the B1GN, SECN, or any other network until UConn gets into a power conference. I'll let my money do my talking to the networks. And with this position, possibly to the surprise of many, I still lead a rich, full and exciting life.

Reaction Score
Personally, if UConn weren't playing Division 1 football I couldn't give a rat's about college football. I think the same would go for basketball. I think I'm just a UConn fan. So if UConn is eventually boxed out of competing at the highest level I don't think I would even follow any college sports any longer. In the same vein since there is no "local" pro team I don't care about any pro sport. I've dropped all the sports channels, I won't put a penny into the account of the B1GN, SECN, or any other network until UConn gets into a power conference. I'll let my money do my talking to the networks. And with this position, possibly to the surprise of many, I still lead a rich, full and exciting life.
MOM and DAD are proud of you Franklin.

Reaction Score
medic pls stop. we have no chance

Go back and look - I never, ever, ever, said we had a chance. That's why I post these in a separate thread and not the 2017 recruiting thread. He's a high end kid from CT who has big school talent. I watched him and CJ Holmes play a lot when they were just starting out in Pee-Wee. You can see they were good then but didn't realize what top end would be. Nice to see CT recruiting trending - it's only a good thing.

Reaction Score
Go back and look - I never, ever, ever, said we had a chance. That's why I post in a separate thread and not the 2017 recruiting thread. He's a high end kid from CT who has big school talent. I watched him and CJ Holmes play a lot when they were just starting out in Pee-Wee. You can see they were good then but didn't realize what top end would be. Nice to see CT recruiting trending - it's only a good thing.

I'm just messing with you, hence the 'pls'. It is good to see CT kids in the national spotlight

Reaction Score
He's not going to UCONN and I don't know the kid or the family, so I don't care. I don't wish him or Ben Mason or anyone else bad, I just don't care.

Reaction Score
He's not going to UCONN and I don't know the kid or the family, so I don't care. I don't wish him or Ben Mason or anyone else bad, I just don't care.

Feel better? Go steal a Snicker's bar from your kid's loot.

Reaction Score
Why should I root for him? Because he lives an hour away? I said I'm not rooting against him either. I have no interest in him or anyone else who chooses to go elsewhere. That's it. I don't see your point. And I'm sure you don't see mine.

Reaction Score
Why should I root for him? Because he lives an hour away? I said I'm not rooting against him either. I have no interest in him or anyone else who chooses to go elsewhere. That's it. I don't see your point. And I'm sure you don't see mine.
You don't have to root or care, just like you don't have to click on a thread with the kid's name.

We have to build our program up so that these kids want to stay home. The hot mess we continue to trot out is not enticing to kids with options.

Reaction Score
You don't have to root or care, just like you don't have to click on a thread with the kid's name.

We have to build our program up so that these kids want to stay home. The hot mess we continue to trot out is not enticing to kids with options.
If we move on to another coach we can't (ABSOLUTELY NO WAY) hire another coach without headcoaching experience... we can't be another guinea pig experiment...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Committing today and all signs point to Michigan (or UCLA)

Reaction Score
Committing today and all signs point to Michigan (or UCLA)

or Auburn or Alabama.;)

Harbaugh and Chizek both did home visit last week. Didnt see Saban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom