Tamika Hired at Kentucky | The Boneyard

Tamika Hired at Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genosguy

Tamika William (?? isn't she Raymond anymore"??) Tamika --when anyone spoke to Geno about her percentages he'd say anyone can get that percentage when shooting 2 feet from the basket.
Tamika was Jublilation when Uconn won the NC.
I am very concerned that Tamika will take the Kentucky (is it UK or KU) big girls under her talented wing and make them a contender against UConn. KU/UK is one good big away from the final 4 and who knows maybe an NC. They have a very talented and aggressive coach

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Tamika William (?? isn't she Raymond anymore"??) Tamika --when anyone spoke to Geno about her percentages he'd say anyone can get that percentage when shooting 2 feet from the basket.
Tamika was Jublilation when Uconn won the NC.
I am very concerned that Tamika will take the Kentucky (is it UK or KU) big girls under her talented wing and make them a contender against UConn. KU/UK is one good big away from the final 4 and who knows maybe an NC. They have a very talented and aggressive coach
I used to be impressed with Mitchell, not so much after the past few years.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Kentucky assistant coaches seem to be an endangered species. I hope Tamika proves an exception.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great hire for Kentucky, but honestly I don't see them competing for much of anything, not even the SEC crown. I see them a fair distance behind SC and Tennessee at the moment. Kentucky has some really good players IMHO - Alyssa Rice (2014) and Linnae Harper (2013), but their 2012 and 2015 classes are lackluster (2012 far better than 2015 so far) and I just don't see them making much headway into the top 10. Maybe as high as 8 or so. Just my $.02

Reaction Score
Great hire for Kentucky, but honestly I don't see them competing for much of anything, not even the SEC crown. I see them a fair distance behind SC and Tennessee at the moment. Kentucky has some really good players IMHO - Alyssa Rice (2014) and Linnae Harper (2013), but their 2012 and 2015 classes are lackluster (2012 far better than 2015 so far) and I just don't see them making much headway into the top 10. Maybe as high as 8 or so. Just my $.02
The only player in their 2012 class is Janee Thompson (McD AA).

2015 has Murray (ranked as high as #11 PN, #15 BS), Camara (#30 PN, #13 ASGR, #21 ESPN) , Morris (#43 ASGR, #68 BS). Its a good recruiting class. Camara was also a UConn target no? But I do agree, they need to nab an elite player to be a F4 caliber team. Right now, they are a solid E8/S16 team.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Next time around, KY might be well advised to keep the assistants and fire the head coach.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Next time around, KY might be well advised to keep the assistants and fire the head coach.
Huh?

.705 winning percentage at Kentucky. Has won between 25 and 30 games in the past 5 seasons and has not had double digit losses in that period. In the same period, 1 NCAA 2nd round, 1 NCAA Sweet 16 and 3 NCAA Elite 8's. One conference regular season championship and 3 2nd places in 5 years.

I say the same thing each time this sort of issue arises:

- Most programs would be very pleased with the record indicated.
- You know maybe a coach that can guarantee to do better (and isn't already employed at UConn?)
- What in this record would make it sensible to fire him?

I'm not saying he is likable, just that he is in the top 25% or higher of WBB coaches.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
This was a great hire and from the recent recruiting it seems Coach MM is looking to change, Murray is a pass first PG and can run the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom