Tamika Catching's Olympic Reflections | The Boneyard

Tamika Catching's Olympic Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is a recent excerpt from Tamika Catching's blog. I thought you all might enjoy it as fans of the game. It contains her reflections on 20 years of USA Basketball and her four Olympic appearances. There are some nice references to her teammates, Sue and D.
It also includes a great picture of the three of them:
Tamika Catchings :: Thank you for the memories!!

Reaction Score
Harvey lookin' pretty tall in that TN senior night pic. He's only 1" taller than Griner though.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
No mention of Geno in that whole post. Is it a case of, "If you can't say anything nice ...."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No mention of Geno in that whole post. Is it a case of, "If you can't say anything nice ...."
No, I do not think so. She mentions very few people specifically in the piece. She has seemed to have a good relationship with Geno through the last 6 years, but that represents a tiny fraction of her time involved with USA basketball and a small influence on her years of college and professional play.

Reaction Score
One of my favorites! Thanks for the Memories! I hope the new chapter of your life is even greater!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the younger players on the team really benefitted from Geno's coaching and guidance, including some tough love at times. Catch has more experience, played for an extremely tough college coach, and does not need coaching. Her interaction with Geno was different than that of the young players.

Reaction Score
Catch is one classy lady who would be a natural in an ambassador role for the sport. One gets the sense that whatever she decides to do in life, she will be very, very good at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom