Talk of football selection committe | The Boneyard

Talk of football selection committe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting comments by Tranhese

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...otball-selection-committee-coming-full-circle

As the discussion about the viability of a selection committee being involved has heated up in recent weeks, it reminded me of a conversation I had with Mike Tranghese back in December of 2008. At the time he was the out-going Big East commissioner and a guy who knew the inner workings of the BCS and the NCAA basketball tournament better than anyone. He was the ideal person to ask about the viability of a college football selection committee to aid a playoff. He explained that the idea had actually been brought up five or six years earlier (in 2002 or 2003, but the feeling was the pressure that this would place on the football committee was just too great. "It had very little support,"

Reaction Score
Interesting comments by Tranhese

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...otball-selection-committee-coming-full-circle

As the discussion about the viability of a selection committee being involved has heated up in recent weeks, it reminded me of a conversation I had with Mike Tranghese back in December of 2008. At the time he was the out-going Big East commissioner and a guy who knew the inner workings of the BCS and the NCAA basketball tournament better than anyone. He was the ideal person to ask about the viability of a college football selection committee to aid a playoff. He explained that the idea had actually been brought up five or six years earlier (in 2002 or 2003, but the feeling was the pressure that this would place on the football committee was just too great. "It had very little support,"

No humans! No how, no way. Not under any circumstances.

Reaction Score
No humans! No how, no way. Not under any circumstances.

I agree, a selection committee will be a disaster. Look at the grief the basketball committee gets choosing team 64, now magnify that 20 times when chosing teams 3 and 4. Imagine the backdoor politicking.

They don't need to change anything, the current system already picks a team 3 and 4. Any move to alter what we already have should be met with great suspicion.

Reaction Score
I agree, a selection committee will be a disaster. Look at the grief the basketball committee gets choosing team 64, now magnify that 20 times when chosing teams 3 and 4. Imagine the backdoor politicking.

They don't need to change anything, the current system already picks a team 3 and 4. Any move to alter what we already have should be met with great suspicion.
Except that the existing system is a mess...To me a 4 team selection committee is an opening for 4 team "tournament" is just a recipe for cheating. In a 16 team model, say every league champ gets a bid, the a bunch of at large bids, it is still a problem but less so. I really think that unless you win your league you need to be ineligible if its only a 4 team model, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom