Talk about disrespect... | The Boneyard

Talk about disrespect...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

What a joke that Calhoun/BC interest is a talking point right now. UConn has one of its most thrilling games in school history last night, and this is the news today? Are people that desperate to mess with the university? How about a headline "Freshman Brimah, who has been playing basketball for 4 years, puts team on his back and shows why March Madness is incredible". How about "4 Senior Shabazz Napier steps up in overtime to keep an inspiring season going". Or how about "Duke chokes for a fourth consecutive year and loses to Mercer, which is just about as bad as their Lehigh loss". I'm so sick of this s***.

Lets win this tournament and shut everyone the hell up.

pj

Reaction Score
Watching the ESPN talking heads, I got the impression they wanted to promote their ACC property. One more opportunity to talk about an ACC school and try to get some of JC's Hall of Fame credentials to rub off on them. They seem to have a corporate strategy of transferring the glory of Big East success to the ACC.

Reaction Score
with all this talk about uconn's life in realignment purgatory, it sure is funny how infatuated a certain network is with us. at this rate, there seems to be a new story every few days. first that apr nonsense. now this. whats next? ollie to the nba? the knicks maybe.

Reaction Score
The part that bothered me was -- I forgot who it was -- some tweet to the effect of "the interest is not mutual."

It makes JC (and by extension, UConn) look desperate and unworthy.

It was Wojo of Yahoo, the co-author of the Nate Miles piece and according to some members of the Horde, he had long standing beef with JC dating back to his days at the Republican American. It was a personal shot at JC, he knew what he was doing.

U

UCONNfan1

The part that bothered me was -- I forgot who it was -- some tweet to the effect of "the interest is not mutual."

It makes JC (and by extension, UConn) look desperate and unworthy.
Hmm. If the interest is not mutual, I'd imagine it's BCU wishing for Calhoun, but Calhoun being uninterested.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
"We don't want Calhoun. We'd rather hire Columbia's coach."

-BC administration

Reaction Score
Watching the ESPN talking heads, I got the impression they wanted to promote their ACC property. One more opportunity to talk about an ACC school and try to get some of JC's Hall of Fame credentials to rub off on them. They seem to have a corporate strategy of transferring the glory of Big East success to the ACC.
ESPN is a business and the "goal" of any business is to make money now and insure you will continue to make money in the future.
JC ESPN whipping boy will attain immortal status in the eyes of his new owners. Nate Miles and APR will disappear like Orwellian non- persons.

Reaction Score
Hmm. If the interest is not mutual, I'd imagine it's BCU wishing for Calhoun, but Calhoun being uninterested.
No, the story (only a couple of lines that I saw) said Calhoun was interested in the BC job but the feeling was not mutual. JC could have ended he whole thing with a flat out denial but he didn't do that. My feeling is that nobody was contacted and there is no interest by any party.

Reaction Score
Any publicity is a good thing. Would you rather be an after thought school with your games on FS1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom