Tale of the Tape: Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Tale of the Tape: Rodney Purvis

Reaction Score
After making this video a couple weeks ago for Vance Jackson, I got some requests for Purvis.

For what it's worth Vance is shooting 52% from 3 since making the previous video. Maybe we can get the luck to repeat itself?

I only watched the first few minutes and I couldn't help but smile when I saw alterique and Larrier in those highlights.

Miss watching those guys play and really looking forward to them teaming up with Jalen and Vance next year.

Sorry I digress, hope Rodney starts shooting 50% from 3 from now on because of this tape!

Reaction Score
I only watched the first few minutes and I couldn't help but smile when I saw alterique and Larrier in those highlights.

Miss watching those guys play and really looking forward to them teaming up with Jalen and Vance next year.

Sorry I digress, hope Rodney starts shooting 50% from 3 from now on because of this tape!

It's probably the hardest part about making these videos, seeing how great Gilbert/Larrier looked early in the season, that and having to watch so many missed shots it hurts my brain.

Reaction Score
Good stuff . How long does it take to do one of these?

All in probably about 8 hours -- definitely took longer to cut up film on Purvis than Jackson since he takes so many shots! It wouldn't take as long if there was a play-by-play available on ESPN for the games vs. Wagner & BU. Those take forever since I have to watch every offensive possession.

Reaction Score
All in probably about 8 hours -- definitely took longer to cut up film on Purvis than Jackson since he takes so many shots! It wouldn't take as long if there was a play-by-play available on ESPN for the games vs. Wagner & BU. Those take forever since I have to watch every offensive possession.

How do you get all these high quality games? Rip the, from online?

Reaction Score
I used to use ESPN for the play-by-plays too, but recently found out UConn has their own play by plays. Just go to the uconnhuskies.com schedule page and click on the "more" button for the game you want, then click on box score or final stats. I also link to it on uconnhuskygames under the list view option.

Reaction Score
I used to use ESPN for the play-by-plays too, but recently found out UConn has their own play by plays. Just go to the uconnhuskies.com schedule page and click on the "more" button for the game you want, then click on box score or final stats. I also link to it on uconnhuskygames under the list view option.

Dammit, I am not a smart man. Thank you, though! Will save me easily a good 30-45 min if I get around to cutting up the film on Enoch.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why spend eight hours putting together a highlight video of missed shots? Your editing skills are excellent, but I don't get the point unless it was to add more gratuitous insults to a Husky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My God he's a bad shooter even should he go 10 for his next 10. His midrange is awful. He should be limited to run outs and wide open 3's. Love the kid for his positivity in the program but can't wait for him to be replaced out there.

Reaction Score
My God he's a bad shooter even should he go 10 for his next 10. His midrange is awful. He should be limited to run outs and wide open 3's. Love the kid for his positivity in the program but can't wait for him to be replaced out there.

He misses way too many 3s. But these videos confirm that often, like maybe half the time, he is shooting with 3 or under seconds on the clock. Like the shooter of last resort.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why spend eight hours putting together a highlight video of missed shots? Your editing skills are excellent, but I don't get the point unless it was to add more gratuitous insults to a Husky.
Reverse mojo hope. Never mess with the mojo.

Reaction Score

Because it helps understand what's going right and wrong. It's hard to just look at a situation and only see what you want to see. This provides an unbiased view of his play to date. From watching this, my observation was that he never takes a 3 close to the arc, it's always way too far back. Others here have also had other observations from viewing this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom