Tailgating Toys/Tips/Food | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tailgating Toys/Tips/Food

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
FYI-

I do not vouch for any of the links I post. Just trying to be helpful.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Its vacant dead eyes are staring through me.
It's just gotta look awesome with an amber hued liquid though, right?

Husky25

Reaction Score
This will do- thank you very much sir!

Now if I could just find paper plates/napkins with the UConn logo on them I'd be all set for my tailgate from afar :mad:
UConn catering used to have c-o-c-k-tail napkins with the oakleaf logo but that was 17 years ago. You may be able to contact Dining Services.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I did it this year for Michigan. 32" LCD, rabbit ears for antenna, and a power inverter to power it from the car. Tough to find room with all the tailgate stuff we usually have but we made it work!

But really all you need to tailgate is :

beer.jpg
PBR light?

Reaction Score
Howdy! New to the forum as you can see. '91 UCONN grad and season ticket holder since Rent opened.

My 12 year old EZ-Up 10' x 10' finally broke beyond repair so I bought the UCONN logo canopy from Sam's last month. It was $129 which is similar in price to the EZ-Up Envoy which is the closest model to what we had.

Pros:
  1. Looks great! Graphics and colors are high quality.
  2. Sidewall with logo included. Attaches easily, and will be a great addition for late November games!
  3. Pull-ring locking mechanism for canopy roof is much better than the old push-pin apparatus. I know most have this now, but our old one didn't have it.

Cons:
  1. It's nowhere near as sturdy as the EZ-up. The frame is a little flimsy and I was worried about bending it as I set it up the first time.
  2. The legs have only one height adjustment and I almost lost one of the leg pins inside the leg when I first set it up.
  3. The drawstring bag is cheaply made compared to the heavy zippered bag with rollers on the EZ-Up.

Due to the smaller size (9' x 9') and cheaper construction, it is MUCH lighter than our old canopy. I love the logo on the tent which is why I bought it. I doubt I'll get 12 years out of it, but we'll see. Looking forward to getting there early next Thursday and not having to deal with parking fiasco of the last 13 years! Curious to see how that works out!

Uconn Huskies tent with side panel - new logo - in stock at Sam's Club in Newington and Manchester. Here is a link:
NCAA UConn Tent with Team Side Panel - Sam's Club
0080629301820_A

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Might have to build it yourself but...

Husky25

Reaction Score
Gas broiler? nice.

Point of clarification: Open Flames and size of grill are subjective. Charcoal (and presumably wood chips) is absolutely banned as a source. Presumably because much of the parking lot is grass and there is too great of a risk that people generally don't know how to quickly, effectively, and safely extinguish and dispose of half used open fuel source, particularly when they are half (or more) in the bag.

We made beer butt chicken a while back on a tripod burner one would use to deep fry a whole turkey. The parking "police (back when they were really bad)" assumed it was an open flame and were about to make us put it out until we showed that the fuel source was propane and easily controlled.

Reaction Score
Low tech it is, but at least two times a year someone here posts that something got swiped from their spot @ the Rent. Lockless Monster | Tailgating Ideas

9 foot Lockless Monster on Amazon – $13.99
16 foot Lockless Monster on Amazon – $17.99

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom