Tailgate Receipe Share | The Boneyard

Tailgate Receipe Share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I'm prepping and pre-cooking some of my sides for tonight and I figured I would start a recipe thread where we can exchange recipe's we use at our tailgate's.
I'll go with 3 of mine for now:

Tailgate potato's (these go fast)
Simply Potato's Shredded, diced with onion, or Canned diced Potato's (for 17-20 I use 4 bags or 4 lg cans)
1/2 lb of bacon (diced) per bag or lg can of potato's
1 med vidalia onion (diced) per bag (if you use Simply Potato's diced w/ Onion you don't need these)
1 bag of finely Shredded Cheese per bag or can of potato's
Shot of Bourbon or Whiskey to deglaze pan (optional)

Pre-heat a frying pan and add the bacon and onions. If you are using the Simply Potato's diced with onions just add the bacon. Cook the bacon and noons until the the fat renders from the bacon and onions start to caramelize, add shot of whiskey or bourbon. Add the potato's and cook until done (level of crispiness is up to you). Before removing from heat mix in cheese.

Skillet Corn
Fresh Corn on the cob (figure 1 ear per person)
1 medium sized Vidalia Onion
1/2 stick of butter
salt and pepper to taste

Using a knife remove all the corn kernals from cob
Dice up Vidalia Onion
Pre-heat a frying pan and add the butter. Once butter melts add diced up Vidalia onion. Cook onion until it starts to caramelize. Add corn and stir frequently. Cook to desired finish (I usually cook mine until it starts to caramelize a bit). Add salt and pepper to taste (you can also add sugar if corn is out of season).

Cabbage With Apples and Bacon (This will feed 15-20)
1 head of green cabbage cut up
1 lb of bacon diced
3-4 apples peeled, cored and diced
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat a skillet and add the bacon. As grease starts to render, add the apples stirring frequently. As apples and bacon start to brown, add cabbage, lower heat and cover (I use a 1/2 foil chafing tray). Cabbage will get soft quickly. Stir cabbage frequently adding salt and pepper to taste. This is another one that goes quickly

Wing Sauce
I made this sauce off of a sauce I had at a bar in Nanticoke Pa named Tyson's. Best wing sauce I have ever had.

2 1/2 cups Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 stick of butter melted
1 8oz can of RedPack Tomato sauce
8 oz of honey
salt, pepper to taste
dash of garlic powder, onion powder (I put enough just to cover the top of the sauce in pan)

In a sauce pan melt stick of butter and add the wing sauce, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder. Cook until it starts to bubble. Then remove from heat and let cool. Dip cooked wings in sauce and serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom