Tailgate menu for 'Nova... | The Boneyard

Tailgate menu for 'Nova...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Restless in anticipation for the season to start. Was with part of my tailgate crew last night.
The obvious main entrée was: Cheese steaks with fried peppers & onions.
More details to follow as we progress through pre-season practice.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Mmmmm.... steak n' cheese sounds good. @coachcap I have to admit when I saw this thread a small piece of me forgot it was still July, and launched into Fall Football in CT mode! Let it begin!!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone ready for tailgate menus yet? Getting pumped for the season to begin, can hardly wait! @coachcap we too will be doing steak n' cheese that game, probably with some sort of dip as an app. And of course plenty of ice cold beers and liquor!

Reaction Score
Didn't want to start a new thread.
My veggie garden is overflowing & wifey is overwhelmed by the amount of produce this season. We've been giving the overflow to friends & family. Yesterday was my day off so I decided to make dinner for the family & invite my Mom & sister to join us. This also got me in practice for tailgating. Started at 8 A.M. Diced up a cabbage & ham steak-made sauerkraut & froze it for future use at tailgate. While it was cooking, diced up tomatoes (Thank god for food processors) & made homemade sauce (a.k.a. gravy) & let simmer all day. Sliced up 3 zucchinis, then Breaded & fried them. Broke for lunch at noon after cleaning up used pots, pan & utensils. After lunch, made meatballs & baked them in the oven. While they were baking, put together a pan of zucchini Parmesan using some of the sauce & the breaded zucchini. Made a peach-blackberry-blueberry cobbler. Meatballs out of oven (& into the sauce) cobbler into the oven to bake. Cobbler out of the oven & cooling. The zucchini parm. casserole into the oven at 4:30. Italian sausages grilled on the gas grill, then into the sauce & also added peppers & mushrooms. Cooked pasta at 5:30 then had dinner.
Final comment: Like to cook , but could never do it as a profession as a 1 man operation. It was an exhausting day. Now have to go to work just to rest up for the weekend.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
My veggie garden is overflowing & wifey is overwhelmed by the amount of produce this season. We've been giving the overflow to friends & family. Yesterday was my day off so I decided to make dinner for the family & invite my Mom & sister to join us. This also got me in practice for tailgating. Started at 8 A.M. Diced up a cabbage & ham steak-made sauerkraut & froze it for future use at tailgate. While it was cooking, diced up tomatoes (Thank god for food processors) & made homemade sauce (a.k.a. gravy) & let simmer all day. Sliced up 3 zucchinis, then Breaded & fried them. Broke for lunch at noon after cleaning up used pots, pan & utensils. After lunch, made meatballs & baked them in the oven. While they were baking, put together a pan of zucchini Parmesan using some of the sauce & the breaded zucchini. Made a peach-blackberry-blueberry cobbler. Meatballs out of oven (& into the sauce) cobbler into the oven to bake. Cobbler out of the oven & cooling. The zucchini parm. casserole into the oven at 4:30. Italian sausages grilled on the gas grill, then into the sauce & also added peppers & mushrooms. Cooked pasta at 5:30 then had dinner.
Final comment: Like to cook , but could never do it as a profession as a 1 man operation. It was an exhausting day. Now have to go to work just to rest up for the weekend.
can I stop by for leftovers? :)

Reaction Score

Very impressive Coach!

Reaction Score
Wings, cheese steak egg rolls for appetizer's...chili rubbed cowboy ribeye's tailgate potatoes (diced potatoes, Carmelites sweet onions, diced bacon, cheddar), asparagus, tastycake's for dessert

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Made philly cheesesteaks last year at the Temple game and they came out good. Probably will wind up doing it again for Nova.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Getting clams and steamers from Grossmans in Groton for an appetizer before I head up to East Hartford. Gonna finalize the menu tonight, I believe, when I get together with the others in my group. Cheese steaks may very will be on the menu. However, if CheezWiz and Steak'ums are required to make it a "Philly," then I won't be havin' it. Provolone on sliced sirloin, mushrooms and onions please.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Anyone else have any cool menu items they're rolling out for this 'Nova game Thursday?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
steak tips, steamers and PBR...

Reaction Score
because of the variety of peppers in my garden, may make poppers with New Mexico chilis, cheese, & bacon as an app.

consider adding philly cream cheese as filler!

Reaction Score
Cheesesteaks, while necessary for the opponent, just didn't seem up to how nice the night should be. So:

Give the weather it's due and start with some chilled tomato and melon soup (also saves time of grilling an appetizer, given that weekday drives to night games sucks):

Then, grilled filets with a gorgonzola sauce (so upscale cheesesteaks), along with grilled asparagus and potato salad.

And red wine for a late summer's night dinner.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Cheesesteaks, while necessary for the opponent, just didn't seem up to how nice the night should be. So:

Give the weather it's due and start with some chilled tomato and melon soup (also saves time of grilling an appetizer, given that weekday drives to night games sucks):

Then, grilled filets with a gorgonzola sauce (so upscale cheesesteaks), along with grilled asparagus and potato salad.

And red wine for a late summer's night dinner.

You are a fancy, fancy man.

If traffic permits, we're having chicken sandwiches and french fries from the McDonald's at exit 32 on 84.

Reaction Score
You are a fancy, fancy man.

If traffic permits, we're having chicken sandwiches and french fries from the McDonald's at exit 32 on 84.

I do not cook except for tailgates. So I'm not beyond pushing myself a little depending on whom I'm going with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom