System is rigged in Uconn's favor | The Boneyard

System is rigged in Uconn's favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching UConn play it’s really hitting home that the system is rigged in their favor. When will the NCAA get a clue?!

For over thirty years Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey have been building a culture of discipline, team-first attitude, willingness to be coached, getting the details right, and sacrifice for long term goals. Sure, it seemed innocent enough at first, but after a while it becomes insidious.

As if that’s not bad enough, Auriemma and Dailey have instilled a commitment to excellence in the culture as well. It doesn’t sound that bad, but when you combine all the discipline and team-first stuff with a commitment to excellence, you know what is bound to happen … winning!! As if Auriemma didn’t know that! And now the winning is completely out of control. Out. Of. Control!!!

The worst part of all, and here’s where the NCAA has really been asleep at the wheel, is that UConn takes a pass on uber-talented players who don’t fit into this culture. Now, technically there may not be a rule against this. But, other teams know what’s expected of them and follow the unwritten rule! Some programs are so committed to the good of the game that they take uber-talented but selfish and undisciplined players as transfers. Holly Warlick, bless your heart! How is UConn alone allowed to flout this convention?? I mean, if every team acted like UConn, selfish, undisciplined players would not be recruited by top programs. AAU coaches might be forced to try to emulate UConn’s culture. Heaven forbid!!

Thank goodness other coaches have had the courage not to follow UConn’s path. But as the Huskies pile on national championship after national championship, how long can we assume that will continue? Of course, Auriemma will retire one of these days, so perhaps the NCAA is just waiting him out. But that’s risky. A dangerous, deep-rooted culture like UConn’s has a good chance to survive a coaching change. Personally, I think the NCAA needs to act now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
65008017.jpg

Reaction Score
Watching UConn play it’s really hitting home that the system is rigged in their favor. When will the NCAA get a clue?!

For over thirty years Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey have been building a culture of discipline, team-first attitude, willingness to be coached, getting the details right, and sacrifice for long term goals. Sure, it seemed innocent enough at first, but after a while it becomes insidious.

As if that’s not bad enough, Auriemma and Dailey have instilled a commitment to excellence in the culture as well. It doesn’t sound that bad, but when you combine all the discipline and team-first stuff with a commitment to excellence, you know what is bound to happen … winning!! As if Auriemma didn’t know that! And now the winning is completely out of control. Out. Of. Control!!!

The worst part of all, and here’s where the NCAA has really been asleep at the wheel, is that UConn takes a pass on uber-talented players who don’t fit into this culture. Now, technically there may not be a rule against this. But, other teams know what’s expected of them and follow the unwritten rule! Some programs are so committed to the good of the game that they take uber-talented but selfish and undisciplined players as transfers. Holly Warlick, bless your heart! How is UConn alone allowed to flout this convention?? I mean, if every team acted like UConn, selfish, undisciplined players would not be recruited by top programs. AAU coaches might be forced to try to emulate UConn’s culture. Heaven forbid!!

Thank goodness other coaches have had the courage not to follow UConn’s path. But as the Huskies pile on national championship after national championship, how long can we assume that will continue? Of course, Auriemma will retire one of these days, so perhaps the NCAA is just waiting him out. But that’s risky. A dangerous, deep-rooted culture like UConn’s has a good chance to survive a coaching change. Personally, I think the NCAA needs to act now.
THAT IS FABULOUS....

Reaction Score
This has to be one of the fastest "like" generating posts of all time!!! 15 likes in 38 minutes.

Reaction Score

THAT'S DEPLORABLE!!!!

Reaction Score

One of my favorite posts of all time. Would just add that Geno has had the support of the Administration and fan base. At UConn, while he has been the "air traffic controller," for many years women's basketball has been supported by more than just the coaching staff. Unique blend of talent and commitment at many levels.

Reaction Score

As the Great Gatsby said: "The rich get richer and the poor get children"

Reaction Score
I'm just glad they let him out of prison back in 1990.
So that who was in the next cell?? Bill Russell!
Some of the best (former) politicians played on our Danbury Team..

Reaction Score
As the Great Gatsby said: "The rich get richer and the poor get children"
I have always felt sorry for the poor Kennedys--all those senators, Att Gen, etc--all those chil in

Reaction Score
Umm - are you thinking that is Bill Russell and not a consummate actor that I do not believe played basketball.
yep---sure looked like Bill Russell to me. But it is a crime that actors are now going to prison for bad performances--
i can think of 200 more that should have preceded him.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I ass u me that he is now a Free Man. And sailed away on the Morgan (out of Mystic).
Well the clerk (da clerk, de clerk?) said he was free now. And he's been really free since 2013.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

When you've perhaps had a bad day or even a mundane one along comes the BY and guys like you.

okay-wcbb-its.jpg

Reaction Score

I do get your tongue-in-cheek. But truly, the NCAA looks the other way at numerous UConn unethical tricks. Let's just consider this year. UConn has sold itself as a woefully undersized team with no post presence. Now, mid-season, they suddenly produce a 6' 5" woman who shows both a face up game and a back-to-the-basket game. She shoots from the top of the key, or drives to the basket for a layup with equal ease. She shows advanced footwork around the hoop. She is fluid, runs the court well, dives on the floor for loose balls, and has a mean streak. No post presence? This kind of deception should not be allowed.

And how about the one they call "Gabulous." Somehow they have consistently pass her off as 5'11", slightly taller than Bria Hartley, while as anyone who watches Gabby play can see, she is at least 6'4". I mean, this person, whom we are supposed to think is some kind of midget leads the team in rebounds and recently had 4 blocks in 21 minutes. Deception is one thing, but at least respect our intelligence.

Then there is this business about MoJeff graduating. Well, lo and behold, look carefully at the videos of these last 15 games. What do you see? They have changed MoJeff's number from 4 to 5 and passed her off as a freshman. To convince the gullible, they have her throw away a few passes. Talk about deceitful. That's taking deceit to a new level.

And Geno, the slight-of-hand king, tells everyone who will listen, "I expect us to lose." Yeah, I expect to win the lottery. This team has beaten eight ranked teams, the toughest teams in the country. In their last game, they beat the #20 team by 65 points. That's not a typo. Geno keeps raising the hopes of opposing coaches, only to crush them like mosquitoes: 30 points in the first quarter. By tournament time all opposition will be demoralized.

I could go on, but you get my drift. In the old day some SEC team would demand an NCAA investigation. But there seem to be no fight left in the powerless 5 conferences.

Reaction Score
330627-cat-saying-interesting-4fbd7.jpg

Reaction Score
Uconn should be banished to the WNBA, where they will have some competition and wcbb can continue in its' mediocre way.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
This has to be one of the fastest "like" generating posts of all time!!! 15 likes in 38 minutes.
and I opened it with an eye-rolling, here-we-go-again expectation. I was swayed by the second paragraph.

Reaction Score
I do get your tongue-in-cheek. But truly, the NCAA looks the other way at numerous UConn unethical tricks. Let's just consider this year. UConn has sold itself as a woefully undersized team with no post presence. Now, mid-season, they suddenly produce a 6' 5" woman who shows both a face up game and a back-to-the-basket game. She shoots from the top of the key, or drives to the basket for a layup with equal ease. She shows advanced footwork around the hoop. She is fluid, runs the court well, dives on the floor for loose balls, and has a mean streak. No post presence? This kind of deception should not be allowed.

And how about the one they call "Gabulous." Somehow they have consistently pass her off as 5'11", slightly taller than Bria Hartley, while as anyone who watches Gabby play can see, she is at least 6'4". I mean, this person, whom we are supposed to think is some kind of midget leads the team in rebounds and recently had 4 blocks in 21 minutes. Deception is one thing, but at least respect our intelligence.

Then there is this business about MoJeff graduating. Well, lo and behold, look carefully at the videos of these last 15 games. What do you see? They have changed MoJeff's number from 4 to 5 and passed her off as a freshman. To convince the gullible, they have her throw away a few passes. Talk about deceitful. That's taking deceit to a new level.

And Geno, the slight-of-hand king, tells everyone who will listen, "I expect us to lose." Yeah, I expect to win the lottery. This team has beaten eight ranked teams, the toughest teams in the country. In their last game, they beat the #20 team by 65 points. That's not a typo. Geno keeps raising the hopes of opposing coaches, only to crush them like mosquitoes: 30 points in the first quarter. By tournament time all opposition will be demoralized.

I could go on, but you get my drift. In the old day some SEC team would demand an NCAA investigation. But there seem to be no fight left in the powerless 5 conferences.

There you go-----All you Vols look for bad in a world of goodness---The NCAA has regulations to not accept anti-Uconn Women's basketball comment!! Gabby has been measured by the National Board of measures--for your information the NCAA accepts (only for Uconn) that she is 4 ft 9.
I suppose you'll use the same argument about Ruby Dangerfield--yea it's Ruby, Pearl, Diamond, something like that--Just because she played a full year in the Wnba and Europe--she is just a freshman--honest injun.
i guess you probably think number 51 really is Azura Stevens, in disguise--who am i to argue.

I absolutely, without a doubt LIKED your post..

Reaction Score
There you go-----All you Vols look for bad in a world of goodness---The NCAA has regulations to not accept anti-Uconn Women's basketball comment!! Gabby has been measured by the National Board of measures--for your information the NCAA accepts (only for Uconn) that she is 4 ft 9.
I suppose you'll use the same argument about Ruby Dangerfield--yea it's Ruby, Pearl, Diamond, something like that--Just because she played a full year in the Wnba and Europe--she is just a freshman--honest injun.
i guess you probably think number 51 really is Azura Stevens, in disguise--who am i to argue.

I absolutely, without a doubt LIKED your post..
Thanks, Broadway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69