Syracuse vs South Carolina, Stanford vs Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Syracuse vs South Carolina, Stanford vs Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Idk if I bumped my head last night sleeping but I think if Syracuse can keep this a 1 or 2 possession game for at least 2 and a half qtrs they will pull of the upset. Im a fan of their coaching style. I think Tara reminds everyone why she is Tara tonight. Stanford needs a signature win and I think they get it tonight.

Oh and I like rooting for the underdog :p

Reaction Score
Idk if I bumped my head last night sleeping but I think if Syracuse can keep this a 1 or 2 possession game for at least 2 and a half qtrs they will pull of the upset. Im a fan of their coaching style. I think Tara reminds everyone why she is Tara tonight. Stanford needs a signature win and I think they get it tonight.

I think you mean tomorrow night, Friday. Unless you are in Asia or down under where it is Friday already.

Reaction Score
I think you mean tomorrow night, Friday. Unless you are in Asia or down under where it is Friday already.
awwwwww what a bummer!! Well I hope Duke defeats Oregon tonight ;)

Reaction Score

How long have you been having these fantasies?:eek:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm sure Tara has watched plenty of video on ND. In last year's S16 game Stanford struggled containing Allen off of simple ball screens. Allen scored 28 points! I'm sure Stanford will be ready for that but ND has too many weapons. The only chance Stanford has is if it's guards can knock down some 3s and ND's two freshmen feel the pressure of their first NCAA tournament. Stanford's McCall, who some think is the most improved player in the country, versus Brianna Turner should be quite a match-up.

I don't know what to think of Syracuse and South Carolina. Much will depend on how SC handles Syracuse's zone. Teams like ND and UConn have the play-makers who can find the openings in that zone and make shots. SC played Syracuse last year and struggled making shots.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm sure Tara has watched plenty of video on ND. In last year's S16 game Stanford struggled containing Allen off of simple ball screens. Allen scored 28 points! I'm sure Stanford will be ready for that but ND has too many weapons. The only chance Stanford has is if it's guards can knock down some 3s and ND's two freshmen feel the pressure of their first NCAA tournament. Stanford's McCall, who some think is the most improved player in the country, versus Brianna Turner should be quite a match-up.

I don't know what to think of Syracuse and South Carolina. Much will depend on how SC handles Syracuse's zone. Teams like ND and UConn have the play-makers who can find the openings in that zone and make shots. SC played Syracuse last year and struggled making shots.

You mean when we beat them 97-68 in the NCAAT?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You mean when we beat them 97-68 in the NCAAT?

No. I didn't remember that SC played Syracuse in the tournament last season. I only remembered the regular season game which SC rallied to win. There you go, then. No problem; zone solved and I expect another beat-down tomorrow night.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I hate watching this team against the press... tomorrow will be nerve wracking and close if we come out flat. If we hit our shots early then we cruise with minimum difficulty.

We hate "minimum difficulty" though. Gamecocks like to make things interesting.

Reaction Score
Let's go Cuse! My daughter is a junior at Syracuse. Not a basketball player.

Reaction Score
I look for substantial wins by Notre Dame and South Carolina. They are substantially better than their opponents.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
a UConn fan cheering for Syracuse...
upload_2016-3-25_5-47-52.jpeg

bill-badger-quote-now-it-seems-all-the-stars-are-aligning.jpg

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score

I think we can give you a one-time pass for rooting for Syracuse given the circumstances, but that's a toughie given Hillsman's less than gracious response to UConn's request for a game @ 'Cuse to let Stewart play at home her senior year.

Not to mention some of the previous history between the teams.

Reaction Score
Wow. If you are an ND fan you gotta be a little nervous if you have to play KY in front of these fans. Very good crowd.

Syracuse could be a surprise tonight. I'm just left underwhelmed by S Carolina. Really Aja?? Another early 2 fouls??

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Good start for the Cuse. How long before they get in foul trouble defending the bigs?

Reaction Score
SC does not look impressive; back court play is especially questionable (no surprise!). But I'm sort of rooting for them, because otherwise ND might have a walk-over next Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom