Syracuse, UConn headed different directions since Big East split (Syracuse.com) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Syracuse, UConn headed different directions since Big East split (Syracuse.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Golly what's happened since Syracuse left the Big East?

Let's see what's happened at UConn?
uconn-national-championship-2014-header.jpg

Meanwhile, over at Syracuse:
Syracuse's penalties among most severe handed down by NCAA in recent history
th

You know, I don't think that I'd trade.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Since the split UConn has won 5 national titles: mbb, 2 field hockey, 2 wbb. Our football team has made 1 bowl game (0-1).

During that time Cuse has won 2 national titles in men's XC and Field Hockey. They also made 1 bowl game (1-0).

In what universe has Cuse faired better than UConn athletically since the split?
It's actually 3 wbb national titles since the split, so that gets us up to 6 across all sports.

Then again, Syracuse wbb has made it to 1 Final Four in that stretch, so they'd probably argue their program is better.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Since split, Director's cup rankings (aka on-field success) have gone in opposite directions and that is more than likely directly related to money. The story with basketball has been a bit different, and while I would take our teams over theirs any day, final four appearances are a big deal. Furthermore, it's sad that UConn has to subsidize its athletics so heavily compared to Cuse. Don't get me wrong, I hate Cuse but these numbers are difficult to ignore. It's now or never for UConn. It is, as the article says, unsustainable in the future.
Honestly, does the average fan even know that there is such a thing as the Director's Cup? Outside of football and basketball, the average fan could care less what happens in other college sports. I'll gladly take our basketball success over whatever Syracuse thinks they've accomplished that's better then us.....what happens in the future is up in the air but up to this point, there's no way our trajectory on the field is worse then theirs.

Reaction Score
Honestly, does the average fan even know that there is such a thing as the Director's Cup?
Of course not, but the author of the article does. And that's his point.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Of course not, but the author of the article does. And that's his point.
Right but the point we're trying to make is that it's a bull crap claim because no one gives a darn about some stupid Director's Cup so they can eat it. :p

Reaction Score
Right but the point we're trying to make is that it's a bull crap claim because no one gives a darn about some stupid Director's Cup so they can eat it. :p
If no one cares about the other crap besides basketball and football, then UC and UH are the obvious choices for expansion. People on this board have time and time again cited all this other crap as a reason to invite UConn. You can't have it both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom