Syracuse OOC Schedule | The Boneyard

Syracuse OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My brother is a SU season ticket holder and just received an announcement that they have added an away game with Missouri to close out the opening created by WVU leaving.

The announcement said that they were in discussions with schools like Boise and Nevada for a home game but couldn't close it out. Said that they didn't want an FCS game.

They have a pretty tough OOC schedule (Northwestern, USC @ the Meadowlands, @ Minnesota, and @ Missouri.

Will be interesting to see what UConn comes up with. We need to get away from the "Buffalo' types of games. Michigan and Maryland will help.

Reaction Score
They closed the hole created by TCU leaving, not WVU. That's a pretty ambitious schedule. More ambitious than it needs to be, in all honesty. I'm surprised in that this is a big year for Marrone and for him to take on this schedule is pretty surprising.

Only 2 OOC games at the dome (and one is against Stony Brook). That would peeve me more than anything as a season ticket holder.

Reaction Score
You're right about TCU not WVU.

And it is a tough schedule for them. For those folks in the NYC area, the Meadowland game is a good thing. Not so hot for the Central NYer's...but after all, they are New York's College team..:)

Reaction Score
USC and Missouri will be very tough games. The Minn and NW games look good on paper, but really no more daunting than playing a decent non-BCS team. They are expected to be on the bottom of the B10 this year and most have them predicted to finish as 5 & 6 out of 6 in their division. Still MUCH better than FCS games and they can certainly win both which would look good as B10 wins.

Reaction Score
Cuse better come to the realization that when you have been to one bowl in the last 7 years you are rebuilding a program. They need to get to a bowl next year really bad and that game sure as heck doesn't help that effort. Yeah, I know, WVU screwed everyone on this.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Syracuse is the ani-Rutgers.

There is a happy medium we should be at somewhere in the middle...closer to where Syracuse is on the spectrum.

Reaction Score
say what you will about Syracuse, but you can't really complain about the way they schedule. even when GRob was taking them to the depths of the BE standings they always had a nice OOC schedule. i think it's great b/c it gives the fans games they want to watch over going for the easy win. does a sure-win against Buffalo to get you a bowl game against Southern Miss really get you anywhere? i'm sure once their in the ACC they'll adapt to the 2FCS, 1 SunBelt, and 1CUSA OOC that seems standard for the conference

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Don't worry, Syracuse will tell you this is definitely the Big East's fault because everything always is.

They have the accountability of a politician. Everything is never their fault. Just ask them.

Reaction Score
Isn't Syracuse vacating the big east? Do we care? Are they leaving soon? Uhh..... Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom